Chapter 16

I pulled back from the kiss feeling really stupid. I jumped the gun. I looked at Gaara with a straight face as I said,

"Gaara. Please forgive me. I shouldn't have assumed anything till I had all the facts. Again, Please forgive me."

Gaara smiled at me and I looked at him confused.

"Ai. I will always forgive you. No matter what."

I yawned and laid against Gaara. I fell asleep to him singing a lullaby to me.

I woke up in complete darkness. I looked around to see I was in a concrete room chained to a wall. I tried to break the chains but I failed. The door opened and in walked the one person i thought i would never see again.

"Kanji...." I said my voice dripping with venom.

He smirked.

"Ai."

"Why am I here?! "

"You are here for my entertainment."

I lunged at him but i was stopped short by the chains.

"Gaara will kill you for this!"

He laughed. as he moved towards me.

"No he won't. He doesnt even know you are gone."

I looked at him confused.

"And he won't know your gone till im through with you."

He walked towards me and I backed up untill I hit the wall. I knew what he wanted, and I knew he was gonna get it one way or another. I screamed for Gaara as Kanji started to rip off my clothes.

Gaara's POV

~~~~~~~~~

I felt something was wrong but I couldnt figure it out. I was walking to the hospital that Ai was at. Everyone was looking at me in a weird way. I just shrugged it off. I got to Ai's room and I opened the doors. I fell to my knees and screamed in rage. Ai wasnt there but there was blood all over her bed. Next to the bed there was a note.

Dear Gaara,

I have come to take what is rightfully mine. Ai doesnt belong to you nor will she ever. She is mine. You want her come and get her. I doubt you will want her after im done with her. You can find us in the cabin right outside the gates of the city.

P.S. she might not be alive when you get here. no promises.

Kanji

I ran for the hokage tower. I threw open the door to his office.

"I need a team of Jonin for backup. NOW!"

" What's wrong Gaara? Whats happened?"

"Some guy named Kanji kidnapped Ai from her hospital bed and is holding her hostage in a cabin right outside the gates of the city."

I held out the note for him to read. He nodded and called for an ANBU unit. They showed up immediately and we took off for the cabin.

Hold on baby. I'm coming for you. Just fight if you can.

Ai's POV

~~~~~~~

I whimpered and curled up as tight as I could in the corner of the room. I felt dirty. Gaara would never want me for a bride now. I cried as I thought about that. Gaara would never want me after what Kanji did to me. I heard crashing above me. I hoped they were here to help me. The door to the cell I was in opened and in walked a male jonin wearing a wolf mask. I whimpered and shied away from him as he reached for me. I shut my eyes waiting for a hit that never came. I then opened my eyes and looked at him. He had his mask off and was smiling a genuine smile.

"Hello Ms. Ai. My name is Toshiro. Do you remember me?"

I nodded as tears poured down my cheeks.

"I-I remember y-you....A-are you here to hurt me?"

"No. im here with Gaara to save you. May I unchain you?"

I nodded and closed my eyes so i wouldnt flinch when he reached for me. I felt my arms drop and knew I was free of the chains. I tried to stand and started to fall forward when i felt a familiar set of arms catch me. I lifted my head weakly to see Gaara holding me. He lifted me up and carried my Bridal style.

"G-Gaara......i cant feel my body...."

I started to panic. Gaara sniffed my neck then sighed.

"Neuro-toxin. great."

Gaara called for one of the ANBU.

"Ai has neuro-toxin in her system. can you get it out?"

The ANBU wearing a panda mask nodded and reached his hands towards me and I whimpered and trembled in fear. Gaara rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's ok Ai. I'm here. No one will hurt you while I'm here."

I nodded and let the ANBU place his hands on me and as soon as he did, all the memories of the situation came back and hit me hard. I started to flail and thrash around.

"NO! LET ME GO! STOP! PLEASE THAT HURTS! NO NO! GAARA! HELP ME!"

I screamed as loud as I could. I felt hands on my cheeks and Gaara's face slowly came into view. I threw my arms around his neck and cried as he held me.

"I feel so broken now....And no one wants something that is broken."

"Ai. I don't know what happened. I do know that I will help you get through it no matter what. I already told you, I will always be here."

I nodded slightly as the darkness of sleep took me.