Chapter 10

Ai’s  POV
~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the feeling of something heavy on the bed. I opened my eyes to see a stone bird. I heard Gaara’s voice in my head saying, Ai i dont have much time. i need you to get the Hokage and bring reinforcements to come help me. I’m at the Akatsuki’s secret base. The bird will lead you to me. I called for a nurse. Not even 15 seconds later, a nurse walked in smiling.
“Get the Hokage. Now!!”
She nodded and ran out of the room. About 5 minutes later, the Hokage walked in frowning.
“You called for me Ai?”
“Yes. We need to help Gaara. He is in trouble.”
“How do you know this?”
I pointed to the stone bird on my bed. The Hokage looked at the bird confused.
“The bird is from the Akatsuki secret base. They took Gaara to get to me.”
“Ok. We will go retrieve Gaara. Thank you Ai. Get some rest.”
“No. I’m coming with. I’m gonna be the one to save him instead of him saving me. Its my turn to protect him.”
I tried getting out of the bed only to be restrained by the ANBU. I struggled against their grip but it was a lost cause.
“Please let me go Hokage-san! I need to see him! PLEASE!” I screamed in desperation as tears poured freely down my cheeks.
The Hokage sighed.
“I will let you go on one condition. When the fighting starts, you will do exactly as the ANBU tell you to. Understood?”
“Hai, Hokage-san.” “Good. Help Ai get ready. We leave in 20 minutes.”
"Hai!"
The ANBU looked at me. 
"Where are your clothes at?" one asked. 
I  looked down and noticed that i was in a hospital gown. 
"At mine and Gaara's temporary apartment." 
They nodded and helped me out of the bed. I wobbled a bit but the ANBU held me up till I steadied out. I smiled at her and she smiled back. We headed out of the hospital and to the apartment.