Chapter 17

OK I know that pregnancy doesn't happen as quick as I have it written in this chapter but please don't put that in the comments. I appreciate it. Anywho enjoy the chapter. Also, I do NOT own safe and sound that right belongs to taylor swift and the civil wars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up yet again not knowing where I was. The only thing I knew was that I was burning up. I was so hot yet so cold at the same time. I started panting and I knew I had a fever. But this wasn't just any fever. This fever could kill me if not treated soon. I tried not to cry out in pain. Tears were pouring down my cheeks.

"G-Gaara!"

He ran into the room with fear in his eyes.

"I-I need to go to the hospital. I-if not, i could possibly die."

Gaara nodded and rushed me to the hospital.

~2 hours later~

We were back at Gaara's temporary apartment with ANBU watching every window and door. I was in bed and resting from the medicine they gave me. Luckily they have had nekos in this village before. I weakly open my eyes and look at Gaara. I notice his eyes are purple underneath meaning that he hasn't had much sleep. I frowned and he notices.

"It's ok Ai. I don't mind loosing sleep if it means taking care of you."

I blushed and held my stomach as I placed my hand over my mouth. Gaara took me to the bathroom. I threw up into the toilet. Then it hit me. I'm late. I looked at Gaara.

"Um...G-Gaara....I-I think I'm pregnant."

Gaara looked shocked.

I started to panic.

Gaara held me close.

"Ai. I don't care if the baby is mine or not I will still raise it as my own."

I nodded.

~At the hospital~

The Doctor walked in and smiled.

"Congratulations. You are pregnant. And by the looks of it, a girl."

I looked at Gaara with tears pouring down my cheeks as I frowned.

"What if....what if the baby isn't yours Gaara? What if it's Kanji's baby?"

I started panicking again and started to hyperventilate.

Gaara held me close to him.

"I already told you baby. I don't care whose kid it is. I will still raise him or her as my own. I promise."

I nodded and tried to calm my breathing. I looked at the door to see Kakashi walking in with an envelope. I looked at it curiously. He handed it to me and told me to open it. I opened it to find a gift certificate to Babies R us for 50,000 yen. I looked up.

"I can't accept this Oto-san.*"

"Of course you can. It's a late birthday gift."

I nodded.

"Arigato.*"

I sighed as my brain started thinking again.

What if the baby belongs to Kanji? What if Gaara doesn't accept her? What if? What if?

I looked at Kakashi and Gaara talking in the corner. I caught a few stray words.

"Abortion.....Keeping the baby.....Psychological effect.."

I felt hands around my throat. I panicked and screamed. I felt arms wrap around me and I opened my eyes to see Gaara holding me.

"Are you ok Ai?"

I shook my head and started to cry.

"What's wrong? Talk to me."

"I had a dream about him choking me. I'm scared Gaara."

He held me closer.

"I'll make sure he pays for what he did. I promise."

I nodded and yawned.

"Can we go home please? I want to take a nap."

Gaara nodded and we walked back to the house.

Gaara's POV

After I had dropped Ai off at home and tucked her into bed, I made my way to the cell that held the bastard known as Kanji. I talked with the guard about interogation and he said that whatever I had in mind was ok. I smiled and nodded. I walked up to the cell and looked at him. He openly glared back at me.

"Why are you here? You have Ai back. What more could you want?"

"I want to see you suffer as much as she had. If you dont want to suffer too bad, you will tell me what I want to know."

I let sand pour out of my gourd and surround him as I pulled him towards me. He had a scared expression on his face.

"Wh-what do you want to know?"

~yet another time skip (please dont kill me!)

After I got the information I wanted from Kanji, I made my way back to the house. I walked into the bedroom and was attacked from behind. I felt a kunai being pressed into my neck.

"Who are you?! Why are you here?!"

I held my hands up.

"Ai. baby its just me. Its ok. Can you take the kunai out of my neck please?"

I felt her nod and she stumbled backwards. I turned and caught her to find a cut on her arm that was dripping blood down her arm.

"Ai. baby what happened to your arm? Why are you bleeding?"

"I went out to the living room and I was attacked by robbers."

"OK. Ai. im gonna take care of your cut ok?"

I picked her up bridal style and took her to the kitchen. I set her on the counter as I began looking for a rag. I got it wet under the water and started patting the wound softly. She winced and growled.

"Ai. It's ok. I just want to clean the blood off your cut so it doesnt get infected. Is that ok?"

She nodded at me with golden eyes. I started to dab the cut again.

"There. All clean."

She nodded and walked into the bedroom. I followed her and laid down on the bed with her. I thought about all that has happened and I sighed. If i had never come, Ai would have never been abducted or raped. I felt somewhat responsible. I saw her turn to me with tears on her cheeks.

"Why? It's not your fault. It's not. It's Kanji's. I am glad you came for me. I love you with all my heart Gaara. That will never change."

I nodded as tears leaked out of my eyes. Ai placed a hand on my cheek and wiped them away as I nuzzled her hand. I opened my eyes to see her slowly falling asleep so I sang her a lullaby to help her sleep.

Ai's POV

I was starting to feel sleepy so Gaara started to sing me a lullaby.

I remember tears streaming down your cheeks when I said I'll never let you go.

When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said dont leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and past tonight.

Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come Morning light, You and I'll be safe and sound.

I let the darkness of sleep take me under.

**Oto-san=Father

*Arigato=Thanks.