chapter 3

I do not own naruto! All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto!!! I do not own "Rue's Lullaby." Here is the update yall been waitin for!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 and a half hours later, the ANBU ninja had written down everything i had said. I had soaked Gaara's shirt with my tears. I looked at Toshiro.

"Can I go back to my room?"

"Of Course. Let me escort you."

As we walked towards the room, I heard the Hokage talking to someone. The ANBU ninja knocked on the door. The talking ceased. We walked in and the Hokage had an annoyed expression on his face.

"Where am i to take Ai? We cannot sleep in my old apartment. It is far from safe," Gaara asked.

"We will give you a temporary apartment. We will put some ANBU guards by your door and around the building until the day of court. Is this acceptable?"

"Yes. this is acceptable."

All of a sudden, I felt dizzy. I started falling foward, but i never met the ground. I opened my eyes and found that I was in Gaara's arms. I laid my head against his chest and fell asleep.

I woke up later to Gaara placing me on the bed. I felt the bed dip behind me. I was pulled into someones chest. I opened my eyes and saw it was Gaara.

"Gaara....sing me a lullaby please," I whispered.

"I only know one song."

"It will do."

"Ok. Deep in the meadow, under the willow. A bed of grass, a soft green pillow. Lay down your head, and close your eyes. And when they open, the sun will rise. Here it's safe, here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from all harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away

A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray

Forget your woes and let your troubles lay

And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from all harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away

A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray

Forget your woes and let your troubles lay

And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from all harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you."

I soon fell asleep to Gaara's angelic voice.

~~~~~Time skip to the next morning close to Noon~~~~~~

I woke up to the sun shining on my face. I rolled over and opened my eyes. Gaara was nowhere to be found. I sat up and walked out the bedroom. I looked down and realised that I was still wearing Gaara's shirt. I blushed. I walked downstairs and I smelled food being cooked. I walked into the kitchen to find Gaara cooking breakfast. I sat down at the kitchen table just as Gaara turned around.

"Ohayo, Ai. How did you sleep?"

"Ohayo. I slept fine. What's for breakfast?"

"Pancakes and Sausage. Is that ok?"

I nodded. He turned around and started cooking again. After a while he placed a plate in front of me.

"There is more if you want it. There are berries, whipped cream, syrup, and butter on the table."

I nodded and started eating. We both ate in silence. When we were finished, Gaara put the dishes in the sink. He then turned and looked at me.

"So Ai. When would you like to go get your things?"

I looked at him confused.

"Your belongings from your Aunts house? When do you want to get them?"

"Oh...um...Today is fine if it works for you. Do you have any pants that would fit me? I dont want to flash everyone on our way."

I blushed and so did Gaara. He went into the room and came back with a pair of pants. I took them and put them on. Then I looked at Gaara. They fit perfectly.

"You ready, Gaara?"

"Yea. Im ready Ai."

With that we walked out the door and locked it. We were on our way to my Aunt's house. I was dreading going there but I needed my stuff.

We finally arrived at my Aunt's house an hour later. There were ANBU all around the place. One walked up to us.

"State your business here."

"We are here to cellect Ai's things. She is living with me now."

The ANBU nodded and let us pass. As i walked in, my Aunt's staff was glaring daggers at me. I visibly flinched. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. I turned to see Gaara looking at me with a smile. I relaxed instantly. It felt like his arm belonged there. I smiled at that thought. We soon were at the door to my attic room. I opened the door and walked in. I pulled out my suitcases from my closet and put them on my bed. I started Packing my clothes in one suitcase and my personal belongings in the other. Gaara carried the weapons for me. After i was done packing, we left. I felt sad that I was leaving the only home i have ever known, but happy i was out of that hellhole. I let out a breath I didnt know i was holding. We walked back to Gaara's temporary apartment in silence. I unlocked the door and walked to the bedroom. I opened my suitcase and started hanging and putting away my clothes. As I was doing this, I had a thought. I stopped hanging things up and walked out to the living room. I looked at Gaara with tears pricking my eyes. He rushed over to me. "Are you ok, Ai? Are you hurt? Whats wrong?"

"I-I m-missed graduation day. I have to wait another year to take it."

Gaara looked at me with relief on his face and smiled at me.

"We can always ask the Hokage if you can take it. OK, Ai? So please, Dont cry."

He was wiping away my tears as I sniffed and nodded. He picked me up bridal style and sat down on the couch with me in his lap. I laid against his chest and listened to his heart beat. I fell asleep and after a while woke up as I felt Gaara get up with me in his arms, and put me in the bed. He went to walk away and i grabbed his sleeve.

"Please. dont leave me."

He got in the bed and pulled me to his chest.

"I'll never leave, Ai. I'll always be right here."

I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys thats the next installment. Hope yall liked it!!! See ya next time!!!