Chapter 14-Numb the pain.

One week later...

~Dominic~

In all the time that I had been with Amelia, I don't think I had ever seen her this depressed. She had been taking the pills that Dr. Dubre had given her for the past week. And today, her mothers funeral, she had taken two. I didn't like the way they made her; Careless, inexpressive, detached. I had to make up several excuses when she had brushed off Mikey and Sean. Thankfully, she was still breastfeeding. 

Mr. Bratton had insisted she not come in to work and take as much time as she needed. The stubborn woman that my wife is, it took quite a bit of persuasion to get her to stay home. 

"Maybe you should take a break, babe. I'm sure Sarah won't mind finishing up." I told her after everyone had eaten dinner and the kitchen needed to be cleaned.  She had been cleaning the house for days. I could tell it was frustrating our Nanny. 

Amelia glanced over her shoulder, giving me a coy smile. "I'm fine. If I don't do something then I will have a breakdown and I don't think anyone would like that to much." 

There was no mistaking the red bags under her eyes, indicating that she had been crying. Honestly, I was not surprised, she had been crying for days. I pushed off of the door frame and went over to her. "I know. Maybe I can run you a hot bath, hm?" I suggested, grabbing onto her hips and pulling her closely against my body. "You just need to relax, Amelia." 

"No, no I'm fine. Besides, I have to take Evie to Rory's for the night." 

"Rory is already coming here to get her. Come one." I said and took her arms. I was thankful when she let me pull her away from sink with little resistance and down the hallway to our bedroom. Slowly, she got undressed as I turned the water on to the temperature I knew that she liked. Steamy and hot. "Come on." I said once again and held my hand out to her so that she could take it. Once she was in the water and her skin turned a light crimson color from the scolding water, my wife looked up at me. 

"You should probably go tuck the boys in. I'm not going anywhere." She assured me. Silently, I agreed and bent down to kiss her. Her lips were soft and very inviting. I wanted to ravish them and I felt bad that my mind had gone to a place that it had no business going right now. I couldn't help it. She was beautiful, everything about her. Her body, her mind, her soul. As I left the bathroom, I had to reposition my erection so that it was not so noticeable.

~Amelia~

The knobby bristles that ran repeatedly through my long damp hair massaged my scalp, the nape of my neck, and on down my back. I feel utterly relaxed, for the first time in years it feels like. The sensation is soothing and it is hard for me to keep up. I just want to fall asleep, just like this, enjoying the feeling that runs down my spine. It feels like Dominic is brushing my hair for so long before he stops and I hear him place the brush onto the night stand. 

"Let's get some sleep." My husband said, leaning over and turning the lamp off. Decisively, I settle into our soft cotton sheets and a sigh of contentment left me when Dominic pulled me close against his body. I was completely exhausted and I knew that sleep would take me soon. For the first time in a week I felt a little better but the guilt of having neglected my children and husband for days was getting to me and the more I thought about it, the harder I knew it was going to be to fall asleep. 

"Dominic?" I finally spoke softly. Tomorrow I would take the boys for ice cream or something after school but for now, I really needed to care for my husbands needs.  That erection he had been sporting the entire fucking time he had ran the soapy clothe along every last inch of my body was undeniable. 

"Hmm...What's wrong baby?" He asked sleepily and I turned around in his arms to face him. 

"I want you. Right now." Although there was little light coming from the window from the moonlight, I could barely make out his features. I knew that he was frowning.