Preferences / How you meet

Superman

You screamed as you ran out of your burning shop.

"Fire! Fire! Someone call the fire department!" You yelled at different people. They didn't notice you as it was very loud. The fire was crackling and destroying the cupcake shop.

After a moment, you stopped, completely exhausted. You were just finishing up the biggest orders of cupcakes you have ever got, which was 250 cupcakes, and suddenly fire encased everything, including you.

So you did the most logical thing. You ran out screaming. The fire on your body quickly died down but your shop wasn't as lucky.

Suddenly it burned brighter and you heard the sounds of the building falling apart.

"Look! It's Superman!" Someone yelled next to you.

"Finally," you mumbled.

You watched as Superman flew down and with one breath blew out the fire. He smiled proud but winced as the building turned into ashes. You groaned loudly.

"How am I supposed to pay for this?"

Batman

You soon became tired of listening to Two Face. He was bossing you around non stop and you were getting sick of it. But he payed, and he payed good. So you decided not to yell at him and ruin your chances of earning some money.

"Hey, Two Face. I'll go check the perimeter. Make sure no one is around," you told him.

"That's fine, and look out for Batman while your at it."

Of course, Batman was expected to come. He always does.

"Will do." With that you waved and made your way out.

Walking outside, the realization dawned that you probably wouldn't be able to find Batman, if he was here of course. He was the night itself. Never to be seen in the dark. You grinned. Must have taken a while for him to earn that title.

Suddenly you heard a noise behind you. It sounded like someone had jumped on the ground, and you had a feeling it wasn't one of Two Faces goons.

Turning around, you winced as you saw nothing. This wasn't good. It was here. He was here. The Batman has arrived.

A sharp pain exploded in your neck and you fell to the ground holding your neck.

"Ow," you groaned and slowly sat up. Someone had hit you in your neck.

Batman appeared in front of you.

He quickly went to punch you in the head but you moved away. Scuttling to your feet, you glared at him. Before you could react, he had you in a headlock.

"Hey!" You yelled out in protest.

He didn't respond. He grabbed something from a compartment in his arm. You recognized it as a needle and panicked. You clawed his arm and started kicking. He was not gonna drug you.

"Enough. I'm not going to hurt you," he said quietly.

With those words, you fell asleep.