HEAVEN

Ella Moss

12/16

I walked around the snow covered sidewalks in hopes when I came back they wouldn't be screaming.

I gave up last year wishing for them to not fight when I am home. I stopped when each year on the same date the fights grew into screaming, tears, punches, things being thrown, and someone always gets pushed.

The tears that fell down my cheeks were wiped away and I went to a warm coffeehouse. I ordered a peppermint hot chocolate and sat in the corner to drink it.

I set my head on my arms, head pounding and nose stuffy from crying before.

“Hey, you ok?” I looked up and saw a guy in a black shirt and apron tied loosely around his neck sitting in front of me.

“Yeah,” Contemplating if I want to dump my shιtty  home life on this guy.

No, don't do it he doesn't care.

He looked at me and I looked away. I felt a warm hand on my arm and I look at him.

“No you're not. Want to tell me why?”

I shake my head and control the tears that I could feel at the back of my eyes.

“When we aren't strangers I might.” I say and get up. It was going around eight and I hoped they weren't fighting still.

The guy stands up and I see his name tag.

Jaxon

“Bye Jax.” I give him a sad smile and go on my way home.

———

a/n:

Currently, 6:50pm 12/5/16, my mom and step dad are fighting and this chapter was based off it.

But here is the first chapter of ACLS hope you like it.