THE STRENGTH TO GO ON

Ella Moss

12/28

After telling Jaxon about what our moon had sprung onto us I just wanted to be left alone, so I can sit down and think. Think about what made her think of that idea, any possible loopholes in her decision, and just to think how to handle it a reasonable way.

While staring at the ceiling of my room, I noticed how quiet the house is today. There was none of Mom making a smoothie for herself, a basketball game on the TV for Dad, Dianna wasn't talking on the when a friend, and Mandy wasn't listening to music; it was almost too silent.

But thankfully my phone interrupted the silence with a little beep. I look down and see Jaxon's name pop up on my screen.

You ok Ella?? Want some company??

I'm okay Jax.

Alright, just checking... Are you coming into the shop for a peppermint hot choco??

I'm not sure, I really just want to be alone right now...

That's fine. I'll text you soon on break if you don't come in 

I don't reply to the last text he sends and slides my phone away from my arm's reach.

I end up crying myself to sleep for a nap a little afterwards of over thinking.

❄ 

I watched Netflix on my phone, ignoring Jaxon and Mandy's texts the whole day. I didn't want to bother them when I am this sad.

I paused Avengers Civil War and listened for voices when the door opened. When I didn't hear any I played the movie and snuggled further into my cover cocoon of warmth.

When Ant-Man grew really big, my door opened and I just continued to watch my movie. Someone walked over to the edge of my bed and stood there silently.

"Are you okay Ella?"

I nod at Jaxon's question and continue watching as the Avengers fight with each other.

He walks around the bed and lays down so his face is right in front of mine, and he just stares.

"I said I'm fine Jax." My voice cracks in the middle, but it doesn't stop Jaxon from bringing the cocoon forward and hugging me.

He whispers, "no you're not, you never answered any of my texts."

I release a deep sigh and try to stop myself from crying again, but I end up crying. Jaxon realizes that and just kisses my forehead and tries to stop me from crying out every tear drop in my body for the next ten years.

I do end up stopping, but only because I felt sick and I didn't want to puke nothing up. "I'm sorry." I apologize to him for crying.

Jaxon shakes his head and swipes his thumbs underneath my eyes and top of my cheeks.

"What's wrong Ella?"

"I don't know, but my parents are getting a divorce." I confess and look at Jaxon.

He creases his eyebrows and asks, "but isn't that a good thing? They won't be fighting anymore."

"I know, so why am I crying? I am happy my dad's getting away from her, she's a royal bîtch to him, but for some reason these stupid droplets of salty water are falling out of my eyes." I frown and Jaxon quickly kisses me and says afterwards, "I'm not sure, maybe you're sad that you won't have your mom around? Or possibly your father, whoever doesn't get full custody."

I shrug and close my eyes, rest my head beside Jaxon's chest, and just try stabilizing my breathing.

a/n:

ANOTHER TWO HOUR DELAY FOR ME!!!!! IT SNOWED AND I'M HAPPY BECAUSE I'M CHARGING MY PHONE, AND IT'S AT 58%, AND IT NEEDS TO BE 100% BY 9:00 SO I CAN WALK DOWN TO MY BUS STOP AND GO THE WHOLE DAY WITH IT BEING ABOVE 50%...

But here is a somewhat horrible chapter. Hope you liked it!!

And I'm not going to have 12/29 or 12/30, I'm skipping right to 12/31-1/1 they are going to be in one chapter.