CLUMSY LITTLE HEART

Ella Moss

12/23

I walked into the coffeeshop and saw Jaxon making a drink, then slide over to add whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top of that. When I order and the fiery red head at the register says it to him, a hand goes up and waves.

"Hi Ella!" Jaxon says without turning around and I smile a little while laughing.

"Hi Jax." I say sheepishly and wait for the person to grab their drink before walking up to the pickup counter.

Jaxon smiles at me and hands me my drink. "One peppermint hot chocolate for a winsome girl by the name of Ella." He adds at the end and I giggle at it.

I go to the corner booth and sit on my side. I wait for Jaxon to join any second now and I go on my phone while I sip my hot choco.

"So Ella, how's your break going?" I shrug and look around the shop.

"Do you want to hang out after I get done? We could look at Christmas decorations..." Jaxon trails off and I shrug and nod.

I look back over to him and say, "sure, no need you be so nervous."

Jaxon looked so nervous and scared and I almost laughed but I stopped myself. We talked some while I finished my drink and Jaxon stood up. He leans forward and quickly kisses my cheek. My heart speeds up at that and I mentally scold myself for it.

"I'll pick you up around six thirty if that's ok for you?" I nod and wait until Jaxon's behind the counter making a drink to go outside to walk home.

❄ 

Slipping shoes on and past my mom to Jaxon waiting outside was a fun time.

I ducked into the warm car and rubbed my hands together. "So what are we doing?" I ask looking over at Jaxon.

"Well it's a pick of Christmas decorations or Christmas tree picking for my apartment."

With Christmas being the only choice, I had to go with the whole festive thing.

"Christmas tree shopping I guess." He nods and drives to the nearest tree farm.

We weaved between the trees looking for the ‘perfect’ tree. When we do, it only stand about chest height for me and smells good.

Thankfully Jaxon's backseat could hold the tree because I was a bit scared that it would fly off if we strapped it to the roof of the car.

"Come on Ella, let's go decorate!" Jaxon tried pulling me to his door but I was the one who was stuck holding the God-awful Christmas tree.

When it was set up and decorated, I stepped back and smiled at the tree. Jaxon had dimmed the lights so the Christmas lights looked good in the picture he was taking for his relatives to see all the way in Indiana.

When I see a flash beside me, I turn my head and see Jaxon smiling and his phone held up, pointed at me.

"Sorry you looked cute and happy, I wanted to catch it before it went away." I just nod and check my phone. There was a text from my dad.

Hey Ella, your mother wants you to come home for dinner.

Okey dokey, I'll be over soon.

I answer back and look over at Jaxon. "So I have to go, I'll see you whenever we hang out again." I tell him and grab my boots to put on and then my winter coat.

Jaxon walks to the door and waits. I give him a quick hug and I feel him kiss the top of my forehead and then let go. "See you tomorrow Ella."

"Bye Jaxon."

I wave and walk down the steps the front lobby and then to my home.

Half way home my heart stopped pounding and went normal. I passed it off as the cold making me cold and so my heart sped up its beating to get warm, but u know it was for something else that I didn't want to admit to. 

a/n:

I didn't update yesterday because it was my birthday and I didn't get home until eight after going out with my sister and I still had homework and rollers to do.

But here is this happy chapter

I have a question, if I were to start a book where the guy is sad and he meets a girl that slowly but surely helps him with his depression, would you guys read it?? I'm not sure if I want to do that or not.