SUCH GREAT HEIGHTS

Ella Moss

1/23 - 1/24

Jaxon listened to me yell at him for God knows what, and didn't say anything which infuriated me even more.

"Just say something Jax!"

Jaxon sits up straighter on his loveseat/couch and smile lazily at me. "I don't need to, you need to get whatever is bothering you off your chest."

I fold my arm across my chest and frown. Jaxon stand up and walks in front of me. His hands lay on my hips and he pulls me to him so we're pressed against each other.

"Ella," I feel Jaxon's hand clasp together behind my back, "you know I didn't do anything, if you need to, just take whatever anger you have and take it out on me."

I don't want to do that, I don't want Jaxon to get anger that's not supposed to be directed at him.

I let my head drop on Jason's shoulder and shake it. "I don't want to do that. You shouldn't have to deal with me yelling at you for my problems at home."

Jaxon kisses my neck and whispers, "but I don't want you to be mad at someone who won't know you're mad at them."

I roll my eyes and shrug. "It's nothing too big."

"You sure?"

I nod and Jaxon says, "okay, whatever you say Ella."

We stay like this for awhile and I'm the one who pulls away, being tired.

"Can I stay the night?" I ask and look at the clock on his microwave.

10:38

Jaxon chuckles and says, "I was thinking you would. I wasn't going to let you walk home this late."

I smile and Jaxon walks to his room and comes back with PJ pants. I go to his bathroom and change into them, instantly falling in love with how soft they are.

"They are so soft Jaxon," I say and lay on his bed. He comes over after turning the light off even if the moonlight brightens the room up.

Jaxon's arm drapes over my waist and he sighs. "Goodnight Ella."

"Night Jaxon." I kiss his shoulder and close my eyes.

"Happy Birthday Ella!" Jaxon cheers and I pull the covers over my head. Jaxon's spot was still warm and smelled like him so I move to his indent on the bed.

Jaxon starts singing Happy birthday and I smell blueberry muffins. I peek my head out of the cocoon of covers and see Jaxon holding two muffins —both have lit candles in them but one has a small pair of 2 and 1 candles.

I smile and sit up. When he finishes he sits on the bed and holds the muffins out. I close my eyes and think of a wish.

I wish I can live the rest of my life with Jaxon and be happy too.

I blow out the three candles and laughs a little. Jaxon gives me a quick kiss and hands me the muffin with the 21 candles.

I ask him, "how did you know it's my twenty-first birthday?"

He gives me a cheeky smile and says, "Mandy and Dianna texted you saying happy twenty-first birthday and to not get too drunk."

I nod and set the two candles on my leg and eat the muffin.

I text Mandy and Dianna thank you before texting my dad.

I'll be home soon, I just didn't want to walk home around ten.

That's okay. Happy Birthday!!

Thanks dad.

Jaxon takes the candles off my leg and I follow him out to the kitchen/living room area.

"I'm gonna head home soon, I told my dad I would."

Jaxon nods and pours himself a cup of milk. I get the chocolate syrup out and make myself chocolate milk.

Mandy walks in with her friend who she lives with, and Dianna runs down from her room.

We hang out until more people show up and then they all sing happy birthday in horrible voices. I notice my mom in the corner of the living room and look back to the sheet cake in front of me with my aunt and dad holding.

"Make a wish."

I wish my mom and dad can find someone who will love them the right way. Same goes with Mandy and Dianna.

I blow all the candles out and everyone cheers. Cake goes around for everyone and we all chill out.

a/n:

So I lied, this will be the last chapter and next one will be the epilogue and I think you guys will really like it.

What I'm thinking of writing about will be amazing!!

P.S. I feel like time is going so slow, I feel like it's been 2am for awhile now.