SING ME TO SLEEP

Ella Moss

12/20

Last night haunted me the whole time I tried to sleep. I couldn't get over the fact that Jaxon could have possibly read the letter.

What if he did and now just pities me?
What if he did and doesn't want to talk to me anymore?

I was freaking out and my sisters noticed.

"Chill out Ells, you're going to walk a hole in the floor. I highly doubt your problem is as bad as mine." Dianna, one of the sister, rolls her eyes and goes on complaining how her hair wasn't working for her and how her boobs were not even and the bra she wore made them noticeable. I rolled my eyes back and went to my room to pace back and forth.

My phone vibrated, but I ignore it and keep thinking possibilities. When it started ringing when someone's calling, I look and see Jaxon was calling.

"Hey Jax, what's up?"

"How come you weren't answering my texts? Did I do something?"

Other than possibly read my very personal letter to 'Santa', no.

"No, I have just been away from it. That's all, sorry."

"Oh phew ok good."

"So, what were you texting me about?"

"Nothing, just hi and then some asking if I did anything to make you mad."

"Okey dokey..."

"Yea."

"Are you working right now?"

"Nope. Why were you thinking of visiting me Ella?"

"Possibly."

"I mean you still can, you can walk over to my apartment."

"Alright. Where is it?"

Jaxon's house wasn't that far, it was only about a ten minute walk. But the bad part was that it was currently snowing when walking.

When I got to his apartment complex, I jogged to his room he said and knocked. I shook snow out of my hair, and stomped snow from my boots.

"Ella!" Jaxon pulled me inside and pushed me to the sofa. "Sorry for the mess, I just haven't gotten everything the way I like it yet."

I nodded and took my boots off. I set them beside the couch and sat criss cross.

"Here you go, peppermint hot chocolate." Jaxon handed me a mug with Santa on it and I giggled.

"Thanks." (It tastes better than the one at the coffeeshop)

When hanging out with Jaxon, we played board games, card games, watched TV, and now we're telling stories of when we were younger.

"So I was running like a bull with my head down and I ended up tripping up steps and cracking my head open. I ran straight into a pair of cement steps." I cringed at Jaxon's story and told him the time before my mom and dad fought constantly when they were trying to get home, but we kept passing the same place multiple times. The next time we went around there was someone waiting for them and we were told we were merely minutes away from our hometown.

When Jaxon stopped laughing so hard he asked, "can I ask you something Ella?"

I nod and notice him twiddle his thumbs. "So um, don't get mad please."

I felt the feeling of dead in my stomach.

"When I was over yesterday, I might have read your letter." I nodded slowly comprehending that my worst nightmare was coming true. "And I just was wondering what happened that your parents -I assume-fight?"

I take a deep breath and roll my shoulders. "Um, something." I say with a cloggy voice and tears stinging the back of my eyes.

Jaxon nods and just rubs my arm almost like an apology.

"When I'm comfortable about telling someone, you'll be the first to know." I say quietly and feel my eyelids get heavy.

I heard Jaxon say something but it didn't quite make sense in my head.

a/n:

Sorry for not updating yesterday, this chapter wasn't done. I still don't feel like it is how I like it but I'll go back and change it when this book is completely done.

On a different topic now, by there are currently 6 days until my birthday!! In so excited but I know I won't get many presents for my bday or Christmas... But at least I'm going to Olive Garden!!