NO BROKEN HEARTS

Ella Moss

1/13

Jaxon wouldn't answer for the past week and I was getting worried. He wasn't at the coffeeshop either, so it was even worse than I thought.

Hey Jax, you okay??

I wait half an hour before trying again.

Jaxon, I'm worried about you. Please answer...

I set my phone on the side table beside my bed and look at my ceiling. I think about anything that I could have done to make Jaxon sad, mad, or annoyed with me.

When I take notice of the blinking light on my phone, I grab it quickly and look at the notifications.

Sorry Ella, I'm ok...

I sigh and smile.

OK good, what happened?? Did I do something

No. It's just my problems.

Ok.. Well you can talk to me if you want to

I'd rather see you in person when we talk. Nothing against you, but I'd like to be able just rely on you.

I awe and smile. We continue to text and I slowly forget that he completely ignored me for a week without any words said before.

I knock on Jaxon's door and I hear his footsteps getting louder and louder. He opens the door and I'm thrown back on his appearance; he has little stubbles and he looks tired.

"Jax," I step in and close the door behind me. "Have you been getting sleep?"

Jaxon shakes his head and I frown. I grab his wrist and pull him to his room. "Go to sleep Jaxon."

He gives me a dry laugh and shakes his head. "I'm not going to be able to."

I sit on the end of his bed and look over at Jaxon. "Well then I'll just have to make you sleep."

He smiles and playfully rolls his eyes. He sits beside me and I contemplate what I should do. I kick my shoes off and slide back to the headboard and sit against it. I look over Jaxon and he just seems so sad -I wish I could do something about it.

"Stop worrying Ella, I'm fine." Jaxon whispers and leans back to be at my face. He smiles and I nod hesitantly.

He kisses my cheek and put his head in my lap. He closes his eyes and I smile knowing I'm going to win at getting him to go to sleep.

He whispers, "Ella, I need to tell you something."

I stop my hands from going to his hair and look down at him. My heart skips a beat and cough out a feeble "what?"

Jaxon keeps his eyes closed and I notice his Adams apple go up and down. His breath hits my arm and he says just above a whisper, "I think I might be in love with you. I know I love you, but I'm not sure about being in love with you."

He finally opens his eyes and looks at me. I don't know what to say. I am so shocked, and Jaxon looking at me felt like that made me feel like I had to say it back when I know I don't feel that.

"Ella, chill." Jaxon sits up and holds my face. "I'm not pressuring you into saying that. I just wanted to tell you, so it didn't hurt anymore to not say it."

I sigh and smile a little. "Okay."

Jaxon kisses me and I let my hands go wherever they want to go. I shook my head when Jaxon's fingers grazed my waist under my shirt.

"No, stop." I whisper.

He backs up and I put my hands over my eyes. I don't want to disappoint him. Jaxon grabs my hands and lifts them up. I bring my bottom lip between my teeth and avoid Jaxon's eyes.

"Ella, look at me."

I slowly look towards him and he says, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just don't want you to be mad. First you say you think you love me--"

"I do love you, I just don't know about being in love with you. Loving someone is easy, I knew I loved you when we went Christmas tree shopping and you helped me decorate it; I love how you smile Ella, how cute you look all the time, I certainly love how you look at me even when I unintentionally ignored you for this whole week." Jaxon's voice lowers and he looks at me the same way he did when he first kissed me. "But being in love with someone is when you don't care how much they've hurt you, you still want to be with them. It's when you want what's best for them even if it's without you."

I stare up at Jaxon speechless, just letting his words sink in and let them be comprehended.

He keeps going on with his heartfelt speech after kissing my cheekbone. "And if you ever think I'd be mad at you for you not reciprocating those feelings, then you're wrong. I know people develop feelings for someone else at different rates, it could take you years to realize them and I'd still wait for you; I wouldn't leave you because I said I'm in love with you before you did."

My jaw slacks and Jaxon gives me a smile so bright I thought I could use some sunglasses. I don't even try to outdo his speech, because I know I wouldn't be able to.

He says one last sentence before sitting up. "And I would never force you to do something you don't want to, that's just plain wrong."

I just blink slowly before sitting up and looking at the guy who definitely is holding my heart in his hands.

a/n:

holy f*ck!!!!