THE NIGHTS

Ella Moss

12/24

Mandy crawled into my bed sometime in the past hour because she wasn't here when I went to the bathroom earlier. But I noticed her cheeks were red and wet looking.

I left her to sleep on my bed while I made a little bed on my floor with blankets and pillows.

I fell asleep to Mandy's heavy breathing and the filter in my fish tank.

❄ 

When waiting for the snow to slow down before walking to the coffeeshop, I was texting Jaxon.

So what are you doing for Christmas??

Nothing

What do you mean?? It's the time of the year to be with family.

Well Christmas is just another day for me, nothing special about it.

You can come to my aunt's with me for Christmas...

I don't want to intrude.

You're not, I was talking to her about you and she was wondering when you could come over...
:)

Umm, I guess then. Do I need to bring anything??

Nope, just your pretty little self in a nice dress. Aunt's orders!!

I can arrange for that to happen. See you at the coffeeshop Jaxon

But now I was trying to get a snowflake to land on my tongue before I walked into the shop that was a few feet away.

"Hi Ella!" I heard Jaxon yell when I walked in without any snowflakes on my tongue.

I wave and order my usual drink. When I get it, instead of going to the corner booth I sit at a table near the windows.

When Jaxon say in front of me, he raised an eyebrow and asked, "what's with the seat change?"

I shrug and took a sip of my hot chocolate. Then I said, "so the dinner is tomorrow right?"

"Yup, why?"

"Because I don't know if I have a dress to wear, but if I didn't I was gonna go shopping somewhere." Jaxon nods and sets his chin on his hands.

We talk some more until the red hair girl says Jaxon's break is up. He says bye and reminds me about him picking me up at two.

I leave and try to find a dress in my closet that fits.

a/n:

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I had a sister Christmas and wasn't able to update or write anything.

But MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!

Hope you have a good Christmas Eve!!