CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU

Ella Moss

3/22

My stomach stirs when Jaxon's hand goes on my legs and he plays with the hole at my knee. He squeezes my knee and I squirm away —it tickled.

Jaxon looks over at me and smirks. His hand stays on my knee, so I put my feet on the dash of his car. I rub at the tops of my white converse and try to get them clean.

I give up and open my window to let the warm spring air in. I look over at Jaxon and ask, "did you notice anything with me?"

He smiles and nods. "You cut your hair."

I did and I love it. It ends right at shoulder and is longer in the front —the back ends at my shoulders and the front ends a couple inches past my shoulders.

"I did. Do you like it?"

Jaxon nods and pulls up to the pizza place and I get out. I run in and quickly ask for them to sometime come out and sing happy birthday for Jaxon. The hostess nods and I feel Jaxon's arm wrap around my stomach and his hand holds my hip.

"Two please." Jaxon tells the girl and then whispers, "what did you do?"

I shake my head with a smile on my face and follow the hostess.

"Hana will be your server for this afternoon, if you need anything you can ask her." The hostess says and walks away after setting the menus on the table.

We order a medium pepperoni pizza with cheese sticks and marinara sauce. It comes out quickly and we dig in.

When we're almost done, I see a line of workers walking our way. I giggle and Jaxon looks up from his phone. He turns around to look at what I'm laughing at and he turns back around and narrows his eyes at me.

"I love you too Jax," I say and record the workers singing to Jaxon and then giving him a dish of vanilla bean ice cream.

He mumbles a thank you out and they leave. I laugh at Jaxon who was eating the ice cream with a red face.

I pull out my present for Jaxon and wait for him to turn around. When he does I smile hugely and hold out the wrapped penny keychain.

He grabs it and tears off the wrapping paper. It is a penny with the date 2/15 engraved in it and then the year of the penny circled.

"Awe, thanks Ella, but the only thing I want for my birthday is you." He sits beside me on his bed and I blush.

Jaxon somehow pulls me back and gets me to lie in my back. He twirls his pointer finger in my hair. He whispers, "I really do like your new haircut Ella."

His legs are astride to my hips and his hands squeeze my hips lightly. I laugh nervously and cover my face with my hands. Jaxon chuckles softly and lifts them off, "Ella, there's nothing to be scared about."

"I know."

And thankfully my phone rings to distract me from Jaxon.

"Hi dad, how are you?"