Chapter 6: Brother

I woke up in a cold sweat. I was panting hard, as I recalled my dream. It's all my fault that my little brothers are dead. Well there's a good chance that they might be dead. And even if they're not dead they might be slaves for the rouges. I feel so stupid, I shouldn't have just left them. I should've told Rafael about them. He thinks that they're dead. He doesn't know about the possibility of them being alive, which is also my fault. To this day he doesn't know about what I saw. Should I tell him? Should I? Ugh, I can't think. I probably should, shouldn't I? It's for his best right? I don't know, all I know is that I can't go back to sleep. I looked over at my alarm clock to check the time. Great it's 2:13. Wow just my luck to wake up at two in the freaking morning. Oh well.

I got up and headed over to my door, once I was outside I made my way towards Rafael's room. I slowly opened the door so I won't make to much noise- but the door creaked anyway. I closed it behind me, and walked towards his bed. I saw him sleeping, he looked so calm and peaceful. Sucks that I had to wake him up.

"Psst- Rafael wake up. Come on, Rafael. Wake up please." Since that didn't work I started poking him, hard. He stirred, but remained asleep. Ugh what do I have to do to wake this man up? Hmm,l maybe water? Tehe... wait I'm not that evil. So I continued to poke him. My finger was getting tired.

 'Maybe you could mind-link him.'  My wolf said through our mind-link.

Hmm, that's not  a bad idea.

I checked to see if his mind-link was open, and sure enough it was.

Thank you wolfie.

'No problem.'

Once I made sure that my mind and his mind were linked, I mentally yelled. Really loud. Then he quickly bolted out of bed.

"What the fuck, sister?! A man needs his rest. God people just don't respect sleep these days." Wow can some one say cranky.

"Yeah yeah. I just needed to ask you something..." He cocked an eyebrow at me and nodded. I went over to him and pushed him slightly, so he would scoot over.

" Can I sleep with you? I had a, um,  nightmare."

"You had a nightmare? Rachel, you're almost 18 and you're asking me if you can sleep with me. You're not a child anymore, AND you're older than me." With that he started to push me out of the his bed. I only snuggled closer to him and took a hold of him. He tried to shake me and push me off. Keyword: Tried.

It went on like this for a while. Until he finally gave up and sighed. I smiled at my victory. I guess it looked silly because he kept twisting and turning, while I was holding tightly. Then he moved me slightly so he could move a little.

"Fine you can stay here, but you have to tell me why you can't be a grown up and sleep in your own room."

I shrugged, "Because I had a nightmare and I want to be with my Bubba." he rolled his eyes at me.

"We both know that's not the reason. Just tell me WHY you can't sleep. Tell me your nightmare, so I'll understand why you can't sleep in your room." I sighed I knew I would have to tell him sooner or later... but can't it be later? And he knows me to well, so he'll know if I lie.

"Well I dreamed of our brothers being taken away. And I got scared of losing you; so I came here, just to make sure you're okay." I wasn't completely lying, when I have that dream I get scared that he'll be taken away from me too.

He pulled me into an embrace and held me there for awhile. He sniffed my hair (it might seem weird for humans but for werewolves it calms us down) and loosened his grip on me.

" You won't be able to lose me no matter how hard you try. I'll always be there for you. You're my sister, I love you. I'll give you all the love you'll ever need. I'll always take care of you, and be there for you. I Promise."

"I love you too, little brother. Forever and Always."

RAFAEL'S POV

I wake up because of a slap to the face. I groaned and turned over to see who it was.

I smiled when I realized it was just my sister. She is so adorable, even with drool hanging out of her mouth. I reached over to my bed stand and grabbed my iPhone, and took a picture.

Aww she looks so cute. I smiled at the picture. I slowly got out of bed, so I wouldn't wake Rachel up.

I looked at my messy dark brown curls in the mirror. I just shrugged Rachel and I hardly look a like. She has the raven black hair, while I have the darkish brown hair. She has hazel brown eyes, while I have forest green eyes. The only thing her and I have that's kinda similar is our tan. I looked back at the mirror. Hmm should I shave? I mean I like a little bit of stubble but that's it.

'You shouldn't it makes you look tougher, and more mature.' My wolf said to me I nodded in agreement. Then I went into my built in bathroom and took a nice hot shower.

I came out with a towel wrapped around my hips while ruffling my hair with a smaller towel. I looked at my bed and noticed that Rachel had left. Hmm... oh well. I continued to walk towards my closet. What to wear, oh what to wear.

I mind-link, ' Hey Alexander do we have the border patrol today?'

'Yeah and then we have to see my dad. He wants to talk to you.'

Uh oh this can't be good. 'Did I do something wrong? Again?' I heard him laugh, 'No don't worry about it.'

Then he cut the link off. So I'm going on patrol which means shifting. So basketball shorts it is. I put on a black pair of shorts with a plain white tee. Then I put on my basketball shoes. I just ruffled my hair and I'm done. I smiled at my out look. I'm an 'okay' guy, well no if I said that I would be lying. I'm pretty hot myself, well right after Alexander. If I wasn't straight I would do that man. But I am, so yeah.

I closed my door behind me as I left my room. I quickly jogged down the stairs and entered the kitchen, where I met up with Alexander.

"Hey bro, what's up?" he said as I entered the kitchen.

"Nothing just tired. Ya know? And have you seen my muffins?" I said as I looked through all the cabinets. I sighed when I didn't find them and slumped down on a stool. Alexander let out a laugh, so I looked up.

"Dude don't look so down I have them right he-" I attacked his hand, which was holding my beautiful, precise, muffins. I quickly took one out and began munching on it happily.

"NO NEED TO GET VIOLENT!" He yelled playfully, I just gave him a smile and then shoved the rest of the muffin in my mouth. That's when Rachel walked in. She gave me a disgusted look, when she saw my face covered in muffin crumbs.

"God why am I related to a pig and not a wolf?" She said looking up.

"Oh shut it sister, I'm not the one that came crawling to my room scared." I pointed out. She, like usual, shrugged her shoulders and grabbed an apple.

"Rafael we have to leave, now. We have to check the whole territory line so it's going to be a long day."

I groaned, but followed him out.

(Edited)