Chapter 16: Let Me Think

Adam's POV

So I finished my Holocaust project and my math, social studies, and I think that's pretty much it.

I know, I'm a nerd. But I don't care. I want a good career, not a job but a career. I don't know what to be though.

To shy to be a lawyer. To disgusted by blood to be a surgeon. And to scared to be a proper werewolf.

You see I disguise myself as a weak little nerd, so people will think of me as a, well nerd. I hate the fact that I'm a werewolf. I'm a freak of nature. I go against everything that science has taught me. It's so frustrating and I wouldn't be a freak if I hadn't gone out that one day. That was the day my life turned into a living hell.

~Flashback

I smirked and continued walking down the street. I had my hands in my jean pockets and was whistling a random tune. Nothing special.

You see, I was heading home after going over to a friend's house to "study". Of course we weren't studying at all. More like smoking and drinking. Although, not many people would expect this of me. To most people I'm your average, 15 year old.

I laughed at that thought.

Maybe not your average 15 year old, but a bit more on the bad boy side. I wore darker colours, but not enough to make me a bad guy. I didn't dye my hair black or put colour in it.

Maybe it was just my attitude. I was cocky, egoistic, and overall confident. And a lot of girls liked it.

To bad I'm gay.

I chuckled and continued walking down the street, I was becoming irritated with how long this walk was. I could've sworn the walk from my friends house to mine was closer.

I shrug it off, "Maybe I could use the short cut." I thought out loud.

Of course the short cut had to be through the overgrown woods. It's not scary, once you know the path.

I looked up from my feet as I neared the small patch of woods. I paused when I stood in front of them.

Should I go through it?
Well it's not like anything bad's going to happen.

I walk into them and look for the well worn-out path. Finding it quite easily I began to follow it.

I went back to looking down at me feet kicking twigs and such.

Suddenly looking up when I heard a strange sound.

~End of Flashback

I cringed at the memory. Remembering all the blood. The way my limbs felt when they were being bitten.

They are complete savages.

I wasn't always this nerdy dude, I use to be normal-ish. Normal rank in popularity. Normal type of friends, give or take. Normal grades, and I even dressed normal, well for a bad boy.

But then after the 'incident' I decided to change my whole way of living.

So I moved schools, changed my wardrobe and changed my friends. I even got these huge geeky glasses, that I don't need, to pull the whole look together.

And it worked. I guess it's not the best life but I mean I don't want people to know that I'm one of them.

But all the werewolves know I'm one of them, they just choose to ignore me. All if the werewolves sit in a certain place at lunch, they all do the same things, even the omegas sit there. But I'm not one of them. I'm but a merely, harmless, rogue.