Chapter 17: Confused

Rachel's POV

Rafael has been acting a bit odd lately and so has Adam, now that I think about it.

I tried to talk to Rafael but he just says he's busy talking to someone and that's never happened before. He always puts me before anyone else and it's starting to hurt me.

I mean yeah I know he needs his space, but I need his help too. After that moment with Mason, he hasn't talked to me. He's ignored me. It's like everyone around me is ignoring me. At least I still have Lydia, right? Well she's out of town so she's off the list and then Adam is just acting way different. I guess I could try and talk to Alex. I mean he won't mind will he? And I just really want someone to talk to.

Sighing as I got up, I entered the hallway and slowly closed the door behind me. I hope he's in his room. I walked over to it and knock softly. Soon the door opened and Alex looked at me and his gaze softened.

"Hey Rachel. What's up?" He asked kindly leaning on his door frame. Damn he looks so hot.

"Well I've been kinda lonely lately and I ... I have to tell you something." I have to cut it off with him, hopefully he won't hate me right? Oh dear lord lets hope.

"Oh um okay come on in." He turns his body so that I can get inside his room. I didn't miss the fact that his body slightly touched mine.

I slowly walk over to his bed and sit down. I am so nervous right now, how on earth am I going to do this. But I have to because I have a mate now.

I watch him as he pulls his desk chair in front of me and sits on it. Staring at me. He's looking at me so closely. Oh no what if I have something on my face? I mean my nose was feeling itchy, what if I have a booger on my face? I carefully wipe my hand over the lower part of my face and there was nothing there.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He asked breaking the awkward silence, tilting his head a bit.

"Well, so.... You know that thing you asked me to do. Like try and be your mate?" He nods his head slowly, raising an eyebrow. "Well I can't because... because you dad wants me to be with Mason. Yup that's why."

I suck at lying, but I mean, I'm also telling the truth right?

"Oh well I can rearrange that I mean it's no big deal. He can't have what's already mine right?" He said slightly growling, he gaze becoming more intense.

Oh no what have I gotten myself into.

"But, but, he's my mate..." I whisper softly. So softly that I don't think he heard me. But he's a wolf so he obviously heard me, that and his reaction.

"WHAT?!?" he yells getting up. Oh no. "What do you mean he's your mate? That damn thing can't be your fucking mate, he can't." He growled, pacing but then stopping to look at me.

I felt so tiny looking up at him. "I don't know, trust me if it were up to me I wouldn't want him." I whispered half-hearted.

Huh, yeah right. You know you want him, just as much as I want him. My wolf smirked.

Shut up, now's not the time. I snapped.

She just shrug her shoulders but dropped it.

Alex seemed to have calmed himself down, his muscles were still tense but his breathing wasn't laboured any more. He gave me a quick glance before walking over to me and sitting down besides me.

"Sorry for going off on you, Rachel. But I can't change the fact that you two are mates, so if you want to be with him I understand. I just wish you could just have been mine." He said softly, looking at me then down at his lap.