Chapter 10: Office

Rachel's POV
"Um, so am I in trouble?" I asked looking around nervously. Then some how my eyes landed on my 'mate'. Ugh why is he here?

I kept looking at him, admiring his beauty. He is actually vey very attractive, an asshole, but he's attractive. I was snapped out of my small daze when my name was said. I looked away from him and back at the principle.

"Of course not Ms. Steele. I only brought you in here to, well make a deal. Kinda" he stated looking at me straight in the eyes. I cocked an eyebrow at him. This will be interesting.

I nodded slowly. Thinking of all the deals that might go with this situation and that would somehow include my mate.
'What do you think the deal is?' I asked my wolf. But, again, she just ignored me. I mentally sighed and looked up at the principle.

Did I mention that he was the Alpha? Well he is. So it is a whole lot scarier, well not really, but if does add affect to the whole principle title. I don't know why but it does.

"So what exactly is this 'deal'?" I said looking at him. He smiled deeply. Now I'm really suspicious, I looked over at my mate and raised an eyebrow, but his gaze was focused somewhere else. I sighed and turned my attention back the alpha.

"Well as you already know, Mason will be my sons future Beta. And well since he is already 21 and nearing 22 I was wondering if you were willing to mate with him."

I practically choked on my own spit. My eyes were literally the size of saucers. Did I hear correctly? Mate with him? Does he not know that we are already mates? I opened and closed my mouth, what the hell am I suppose to say? I looked over at Mason and he calmly returned my stare, then he gave me a small half smirked and turned his head forward.

"Well, I mean, sure. But Mason and I are ..." I was cut off by him.

"Good friends." He said simply before turning to me and giving me a sweet smile. Too sweet. I glared at him but followed his concept.

"Yeah we are good friends. So won't it be a little awkward?" I said wiggling in my seat, feeling a tad uncomfortable under their intense gazes.

The Alpha had a thinking look in his face. "Well I guess it kinda will be, but like you two said. Your good friends. And I'm only telling you, it's really not your choice. It's only the best for the pack and I'm sure you want that. Plus Mason was the one that brought this up, you also haven't turned 18 yet so you never know. He could be your mate."

"So I have no choice in this?" I asked him. He gave me a disappointed look and shook his head.

"Sorry, but no."

I nodded slowly. I am so mad right now but I'm trying hard not to show it. Why would they do this to me? Arranging my mate for the good of the pack! Even though he already is my mate. But still that's just cruel. What if the situation had been different and he wasn't my mate.

And why would Mason want me to be his mate? Ugh I'm so pissed right now.

"Oh okay one last question. Why me?" that was probably the biggest question I had.

"Well as we all know, you were born an Alpha's daughter so you have power in your blood. Making you worthy enough to me a Beta's mate."

Oh that makes sense. Wait, Mason hadn't said a much through this entire conversation. Why is he being all quiet and mysteries?

The lunch bell rang, meaning lunch was over. I sighed and got up. I missed lunch for this, wow. Just wow, couldn't we have discussed this somewhere else, like the pack house? Well what is done is done.