Chapter 13: Surprise

Rachel POV

Okay so it's been 3 days since Mason has kissed me. And ever since then he has been avoiding me like the flu. Nothing much happened after we kissed he just looked shock and then said we should probably just leave, so we did.

Now I'm stuck in my room doing my English paper, which is about the Holocaust. It seemed easy at first but there is so much detail that I don't want to leave out. So I'm making it longer than it should be. I'm just so confused. So when in doubt, write more. Right?

But if that's not enough stress, my wolf has stopped talking to me and I don't know why! Mason is running away from me and I haven't seen Rafael in forever and tomorrow is our birthday.

It's like everyone is ignoring me! And I did nothing wrong! I think... I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong. Unless being sexy is a crime. Nah, I'm not sexy, eh well maybe.

I was so deep in thought that I hadn't heard someone come up stairs and knock on my door. Which made me jump. But I quickly recovered and went over to open the door. Then they just kinda pushed past me and went entered my room, making me stumble backwards a bit. Well okay then. I shrugged it off when I noticed it was just Rafael.

"Hey what are your doing here?" I asked walking over where he sat on my bed. And taking a seat in the middle of my bed, sitting criss-cross applesauce.

"I got bored and Alex is at a meeting so I have no one to hang out with." He spoke looking kinda distant.

"So I'm your second choice?" I raised an eyebrow at him, "I see how it is." I said pretending to be hurt.

"Save it sis, you know your not my second choice," he shrugged, "your just not my first either."

"Well fine then, be an arse." I got up from my bed and went back to my computer, to work on my project. Trying to concentrate on it while there's someone breathing on your neck, is pretty hard. I kept my eyes on my project and typed.

I finally gave in after five minutes of it. Rafael must really need or want something.

"Humph what do you want Rafael?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

"Nothing I was just wondering, how come you've found your mate but I still haven't found mine?" He said looking so sincere, and lost. It broke my heart looking at him but I just shrugged.

"I am older, so maybe that's why. I don't know." He nodded and the flopped down on my bed, staring at the my ceiling

"Tomorrow is our birthday... 18 wow. We're finally going to be 'adults'." I laughed, him an adult please. He is just as childish as he was when he was ten, if not more. But that's how I like him. He'll always be my little brother. Whether or he likes it or not.

"Yup. Now if you don't mind I have work to get done." He just rolled his eyes at me and gave me a crooked smile before leaving my room. Funny how I wanted him here then made him leave. I'm just as confusing as everyone else. I sighed and closed my laptop.

I glanced over at the closed door and went to lock it. I don't know why, but I had this weird feeling like someone was watching me. It felt like someone was going to open the door, and that's why I locked it. I say back down at my desk and stared at my door. And sure enough someone tried to open it. Of course they couldn't open in because it was locked, but they didn't bother to knock. Which makes it a little suspicious.

What if it was Mason? No, because I would have felt his presence. And it couldn't have been Alexander, because he would've have knocked and asked to come in.

Is someone stalking me? I looked over at my digital clock and noticed it was 10:56, by now I would've been asleep.

No, I'm just over thinking this. I shook my head and walked over to my bed and snuggled under my sheets.

'I want to sleep with my mate.' My wolf whimpered.

'Me too', but I doubt he would let us. I replied and then turned our link off.

~NEXT DAY~

Rafael's POV

It's like 4:30 in the morning and I'm at the door waiting for the dang package. You see I got Rachel something for her birthday that I knew she would just love. 'Cause I'm just amazing like that.

I feel different today like I don't know. Just happier than normal. Maybe because it's my birthday. I don't know maybe, I looked across the living room at the other couch. Slowly getting lost in my own thoughts. I wonder if I'll find my mate today.

Then there was a ding at the door. I frowned but hurried over to open the front door.

"Package for Mr. Steele." I smiled and nodded signing the papers and grabbed the package carefully. "Careful it's been moving quite a bit."

I smiled and nodded and said a small 'thank you' before closing the door. I quickly checked the time and noticed that it was barely 5:00. Rachel is going to mad at me when I wake her up, but oh well. She's going to love her present I just know it. And the box (that had small holes at the top and sides) moved and made a small sound. I better hurry this thing is getting restless.

I made my way up stairs and into her room. She looked so peaceful and happy asleep. To bad it has to come to an end.

I walked over to her bed side and poked her. She didn't do anything. But instead of poking her again I just grabbed my phone and went to the alarm sound. I turned it up all the way and put it next to ear.

I pressed the alarm sound and she jerked up quickly and looked scared. That is until she noticed I was there.

"WHAT THE FUCK RAFAEL ITS 5am!!!" She screamed, looking over at we clock and giving me a 'what the fuck' look.

"Just chill okay? I just wanted to wake you up to give you your present." I said grabbing the box that I had placed down on the floor. She looked at the box questioningly, then back at me.

"Is it safe?" She asked while poking the box. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes it is safe, now hurry up and open it." I said.

She sat up in a sitting position and I placed the box on her lap and she just stared at it.

"It's not going to eat me is it?" she asked.

"No it's not going to eat you. Now hurry up and open it" I rolled my eyes at her, again.

She nodded and gulped then slowly peeled open the top. The the little body that was inside wiggled it's way out and into her arms.

"OMG RAFAEL YOU GOT MY A POMERANIAN PUPPY!?!?" she screamed holding up the puppy smiling big. The little puppy had no idea what was going on, but she licked and tipped anyway.

I knew she would love it. It was a light tan, almost white, and it was like a little cloud, because of its fluffy fur.

"Yup it's all yours watcha going to name her?" I asked looking down at the puppy that was trying to lick her face.

She smiled at it and then looked back at me.

"Chikis. She's so cute omg how did you know? I love you so much and thankyou thankyou thankyou so much." She said getting into a kneeling position and giving me a quick hug.

I laughed and smiled, returning the hug. "I just knew and I also knew you would love her." She smiled at me and put the box in the floor and let Chikis cuddle up with her.

Rachel let out a yawn that was soon followed by the small pup. "Well I'll leave you too alone." I said and closed the door behind me letting Rachel get some more sleep. She gave me one last lazy smile before closing her eyes, the puppy snuggling against her chest, before getting comfortable and closing is eyes as well.

I am the best brother.

---------------

Okay so thank you for all the votes and some comments. Anyways I hope you liked it.