Prologue

Five-year-old Draco was in a dark place. It was a soft, comforting darkness. He felt as if he was held in caring arms. Far in the distance was a soft golden glow.

He started walking towards it, and it got bigger the more he walked towards it.

"Draco! What are you doing?"

Draco's eyes snapped open. He found himself on a chair, reaching towards one of the gold drapes they had hung up.

Narcissa was standing on the floor in front of him, holding up her wand, which was illuminated.

"I- I was following a light," Draco said dumbly, not moving from his position. "I was almost there... I think."

Narcissa grimaced. "So you've had your first episode. Was the light gold?"

Draco nodded. "It was calling me. I needed help, I think. It told me I was welcome. It pulled me." Draco looked at his hands. "But I felt heavy."

Narcissa nodded. "Can you come down?"

Narcissa handed him a cup of hot chocolate, tucking him in. "What do you want to know first?"

"Why... no, what. What happened?" Draco finally managed to say, poking at the melting marshmallows that were in his cup.

"I'm going to start with who if I want to answer that question," Narcissa decided. "I am a half-veela neutral female, meaning my destined can be either submissive or dominant but is of the male gender."

Draco nodded, taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

"You are a half-veela submissive female, meaning that your destined is a dominant male. Make sense so far?"

"How do you know this?" Draco asked, putting the warm drink on his bedside table.

"Your dream. A neutral ends up in a field and a dominant in the sky. You were in darkness, I presume? That's what it sounded like," Narcissa explained.

"Oh, okay. And yes," Draco said, pulling the blanket up to his chin.

"And I see a green light, though it's not calling for me - it's just there. Since I completed the bond, I feel its presence here." Narcissa pulled Draco's hand up to meet her right side, slightly above her belly button.

"Okay. How does this bond thing work?" Draco asked.

"Well, once you find your mate..."

NOTES:

So, yeah. This is mainly a filler chapter, and more about the bond is to come. I even have words/phrases/commands/I'll tell you all about it later. XD

Anyway, yeah. I've been pulled into the Drarry fandom and decided being a veela was the best way to do it. Expect six chapters in a row, then nothing for weeks. I'm like that.

Seeya!