Chapter 15 (Part 2!)

(Warning: Homophobia. I will censor the word f*g because it is an offensive word and should not just be thrown around like I've seen many people do. It physically pained me to write this chapter, because I love my babies so much.)

The next morning at breakfast, Harry could instantly tell something was off. People were looking at him - more than average. Some were whispering, some snickered. 

Someone stood up from the Slytherin table and called out, "Where's your f*g boyfriend, Chosen One?" His voice held a mocking tone to it, and Harry immediately stiffened but continued walking. 

He could see Hermione waving at him frantically, so he picked up his pace and sat down. The back of his neck prickled from the stares of all the people he knew were looking at him.

"What happened?" Harry said.

Hermione pushed the newspaper in front of him and flipped to page three. The headline read:

The Chosen One, a Homosexual???

With three question marks, which, to Harry, was overdoing it a bit. Underneath there was a picture of him and Draco kissing.

"Who wrote it?" he said immediately. "No one even noticed at the bar, who could have taken the picture?"

Hermione gritted her teeth, fury evident in her eyes. "Rita Skeeter," she spat out, the name coming off bitter, like a curse word on her tongue.

Ron was eating, and Hermione smacked his hand lightly. "Look, is stiw bweakfast, 'Mione. Besides-" he stopped and swallowed. "He was going to have to come out anyway."

"Ron has a point," Harry admitted. He still had this odd sense of panic - mostly his but also a sense of absolute dread that definitely wasn't his. He scanned the hall and it instantly clicked. He jumped to his feet. "Guys, where's Draco?"

Ron wrinkled his nose and said something muffled by the five slices of bacon in his mouth.

Hermione slapped his cheek softly. "Don't talk with your mouth full. And I'm not sure Harry, I haven't seen him since... two days ago, I think. We didn't see him yesterday."

Harry ran out of the hall. The same Slytherin guy yelled something again, which Harry deliberately ignored.

Draco Draco Draco Draco D-

His thoughts raced along with his heart. The rising dread that wasn't his inside him suddenly stopped, filled with icy cold fear. Harry ran faster.

He wouldn't be in his dorm, would he?

Harry skidded to a halt outside of a bathroom, where sobs echoed off the walls. Oh, not any bathroom - this was Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Harry gritted his teeth.

"Draco?" he called as softly as his voice would manage.

"Go away," Draco called back.

Harry stepped inside. Moaning Myrtle's ghost drifted up in front of him, making him jump. A smile was wide on her face. "He's crying, yes he is, upseeeet. Did the Chosen One do this?"

Harry wanted to punch the ghost, but, unfortunately, he couldn't do that, so instead, he passed right through her, shivering. "Draco?"

No response this time.

Harry stepped inside further. Draco had wedged himself under one of the sinks, head on his knees, letters clutched in his hands. He looked up, his eyes pink and still shining with tears. "Harry."

Harry slid to the floor next to Draco, hand on his back. "What's wrong?"

Draco snorted. "So many things, but..." He hesitantly held one of the letters towards Harry, who grabbed it quickly and read it.

It read on and on about destroying the Malfoy legacy. It wasn't from Draco's parents, but written in a fancy elegant script, each t slashed like it was doing damage to the recipient. 

It was only at the last part that Harry's heart skipped a beat.

The Malfoy, Black, and Lestrange clans are joining together for a final vote. The end decision will either let you remain or remove you from the family lines for good.

The "Malfoy, Black and Lestrange clans" were one step away from disowning him.

NOTES:

DUN DUN DUN

No, but I am aware that it's been forever since I've posted and I'm so so so so very sorry but I just wasn't sure how to write this scene. Also, they're in fifth year, right? (sorry about Rita Skeeter I know it doesn't match with the plot but this is fanfiction let it go.)

Also, if you aren't on the lookout for messages from me, I have a new Tumblr please go check it out! Here's a link:

https://ask-theacademy.tumblr.com/    (Ask me questions I need a life.)

SO OKAY! ONTO PROCRASTINATING CHAPTER 16!

(I luv you all if you need someone to talk to just message me we can be friends)