Chapter 4

Dumbledore had pulled a very confused Harry out of class.

Now Harry was standing in Dumbledore's office, with the same girl he had seen singing. Except she didn't have wings.

"What's your name?" Harry said after a second, kind of shyly.

For some reason, the girl winced. "I'm Allysia. I- how do I put this?" she glanced at Narcissa Malfoy, who was there for some reason.

"Take her hand, Potter," Narcissa put it bluntly. 

Confused, Harry stepped up and reached for Allysia's hand.

Allysia hesitated. "You're going to feel very tired after this," she warned, and then flinched, and grabbed Harry's hand.

Harry felt energy pour out of him and into Allysia's hand. After about twenty seconds, Harry couldn't take it anymore and dropped Allysia's hand like it was hot metal.

He staggered into a chair, exhausted.

In contrast, Allysia appeared to be glowing. Her face was fuller, and with a ripping sound, her wings grew from her back.

"Do- do you go to Hogwarts?" Harry managed to ask.

Allysia hesitated, her hand unconsciously moving up to just below her throat. "I- I'm the veela side of one of the students here, yes."

"Wait..." Harry straightened suddenly, then winced as he felt dizzy again. "You're a counterpart? To a girl here?"

Allysia glanced to the side. "Doesn't have to be a girl," she murmured.

Harry hesitated. "Am I not allowed to ask who he is?" Harry asked. "Er, I mean, are you going to tell me if I ask?"

Allysia looked up, pity in her eyes. "I want to, but he doesn't want me to." She winced, her fingers tensing on her throat. "Quit it!"

"Is he... is he in your head?" Harry questioned.

"Sort of, yes," Allysia said. "You have one question left before I have to go. He's getting very impatient."

"What house is he in?" Harry asked.

Allysia stopped. "He's... not in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. He refuses to be thought of as either of those houses. That's all I can say."

As Harry turned to leave, Allysia said, "wait! Can I - can I hold your hand again?" Her brows furrowed. "God that sounds wrong!"

Harry laughed weakly. "Um... will it be as draining as the first time? Because I don't think I can handle that."

Allysia shrugged. "I'll try not to drain you as much."

Harry held his palm up to hers. This time, instead of a giant vacuum, it was more of a trickle. But Harry still had to stop contact after thirty seconds.

"Does this happen every time I touch you?" Harry asked.

Allysia laughed. "No. Only if I need it to." She tucked a strand of silvery blond hair behind her ear. "You can go now."

***

The moment Harry left, Draco pounded his fists on the side of his bubble and regained form. Allysia whispered, Well, that went well.

But Draco tried to hold back tears. The adults were talking, but Allysia noticed.

What's wrong, Draco? She asked gently.

I don't know, Draco bit back. I hate Harry. I hated him. So... why do I feel like this? He stared at his hands. Are you influencing me, or... is it me who's feeling this way?