Chapter 11

Harry was very confused. He had told Hermione and she just gave him an exasperated look, like, "Honestly, Harry?" Ron just shrugged. He had tried approaching Dumbledore, but he had advised him to ask Malfoy himself.

Yeah, right. Like that was going to happen.

Harry was still in shock. Cedric had died. He thought this tournament was supposed to be safe. Not kill the contestants.

Technically it wasn't the school's fault... but still.

It was the last day of school before they went home for summer break. Three months at the Dursley's. It was going to be torture.

And now, Harry was screwing up his Gryffindor courage to ask what happened.

But Draco wasn't Allysia. Right? Draco didn't have wings. They had a completely different personality, not to mention gender. 

[Cue "Harry is an idiot" sign.]

When Harry saw Draco in the museum, he held his breath, then let it out. Honestly, he could slay a basilisk, but he couldn't talk to a person?

It was almost as bad as the Yule Ball! 

Harry marched up to Draco. As Draco looked up, he paled. "Yes, Potter?" he said, obviously trying for a sneer. It didn't work. The malice was just lacking in his voice. "I was just about to get going if you're so k-"

"Who is Allysia?"

Draco stopped. At this point, something clicked in Harry's head, but he still didn't understand why Allysia seemed to be a completely different person.

"I- I have no idea what you're talking about," Draco said, gathering his stuff. Before Harry had a chance to say anything, Draco was gone.

There was something in his voice that told Harry otherwise.

***

Harry decided to send Draco a letter. The Dursleys were just ignoring him, so that was alright.

Dear Draco.

He crossed that out. "Dear"? That was stupid, Harry was still pretty sure Draco hated him, no matter Harry's theories.

To Draco,

No. This entire thing was stupid. What was he supposed to write? 'To Draco: Are you also a winged girl named Allysia? No? So sorry, I thought I was onto something there. So terribly sorry. Do you know anyone named Allysia?'

***

Meanwhile, Draco was having a similar problem. He blew softly at the tip of the feather, quill point positioned right above blank parchment.

To Harry,

What? Oh, hey, I'm a veela and you fell for me without realizing it was me and now I think I have bloody feelings for you?

Yeah. Yeah, that's likely.

***

Months. Draco had been avoiding him for months.

Harry scowled at Draco's back, stabbing his quill into the ink. The homework wasn't important, anyway - it was Potions.

"Harry, you're doing it again."

Hermione had picked up on it almost instantly, being the observant person she was. Harry was tempted to ask her whether she knew if Allysia was Draco's counterpart, but didn't want to ask her yet. 

"Sorry." He lowered his gaze to the paper. He had only written a few sentences. He wrote down a few more words, glanced at the book, and stood abruptly, throwing down his quill. "I can't concentrate!"