Chapter 1

Draco nervously stepped off the train, not showing it, of course, but the feeling was there.

He felt a pull in one direction, but he resisted it. He wasn't going to run for his mate like a wild animal. He must maintain his composure.

And he set off towards Hogwarts.

***

Draco sat at the Slytherin table, his fists clenched so tight his knuckles were white.

The Sorting Hat on Harry's head was taking its sweet time.

Draco knew, of course. The Boy Who Lived was his destined, his mate, and his dominant. He had been bracing himself for the fact someone would eventually control him, but the fact that it was Harry Potter, the Boy Father Hated, made it so much worse.

Draco forced the slight tugging down, and the warm glow beneath his throat faded. Draco winced, but his grip on the table relaxed.

And of course, bloody Potter got into bloody Gryffindor. Perfect.

Draco would have to come into contact with him - even just brushing hands - to keep himself sane. How he was going to do that was beyond him.

Draco's eyes focused on the back on Harry's face, which was tilted towards the Slytherin table. Harry didn't appear to notice, laughing at something the redhead had said.

Harry had a curious feeling. It felt like he was being watched, but as he scanned the hall, he couldn't see anyone watching him.

And then his green eyes met a pair of gray ones. A blond boy was watching him intently.

Harry, after a moment, dropped his gaze, feeling embarrassed. What was up with him? Unconsciously, a hand traveled to just above his bellybutton.

The boy returned his gaze to his food.

Harry watched, confused. Who was that? "Who's the blond boy?" Harry asked Ron, who was stuffing his face with food. "At the Slytherin table."

Ron looked up, and the look on his face turned to disgust. He swallowed. "That's Malfoy. His family hates mine, says we're blood traitors, whatever that means."

Harry nodded occasionally as Ron ranted, pretending to listen.

What was the emotion lingering in Malfoy's eyes? Hate, but there was something else that Harry couldn't quite place.

Harry shrugged and went back to eating. He was glad to be at Hogwarts.

NOTES:

Sorry, this chapter is so short! I needed to get something in there! 

There's going to be a couple more chapters, and then a massive chapter where time skips, so try not to be too confused with that.