Chapter 13

Hermione gave him a look as soon as he entered the common room that clearly said she knew. Ron was more worried.

"Mate, did he threaten you? Curse you?"

"No, Ron, he was fine," Harry said. "Look, I'll play a game of chess with you if you bring your set down."

That sent him running up the stairs.

"I hate chess," Harry decided a moment later, staring at the stairs. "No, but forget about that, when did you know about Dr- Malfoy?"

"I've known for a while," Hermione said. "Honestly Harry, it wasn't that hard to figure out. It's no wonder you have trouble completing your homework while the answer's sitting right in front of you. Besides, all of Gryffindor knows you fancy him."

"I do not!" Harry hissed, flushing.

"You do, mate," called Seamus from over in the corner. He had his arm slung over Dean's shoulders - they were both sitting on the couch. 

Harry glared at him. "Why aren't you guys more upset? Like, Gryffindor in general?" He fell back dramatically against the sofa he was sitting on.

"I don't think you realize, Harry," Hermione said. "Purebloods are very uptight about sexuality, and normally freeze out anyone who's gay, bi, or other. With the Muggles came many traditions, but also more acceptance towards gay or lesbian relationships."

Harry paused. "One, I didn't know that. That's kind of interesting. Two, that's not really what I was talking about."

Hermione frowned. "Well, that's what I figured you'd be worried about."

"Yeah, but I'm more talking about the fact it's a Slytherin. And not just any Slytherin - Draco Malfoy. Honestly, I'm still a little concerned for my mental health."

Hermione slowly grinned and started laughing. "Harry, they've had a while to get used to it."

Harry just stared at her blankly. "What?"

Just then, Ron came running down the stairs, holding the box to his chest. "I've got it!"

***

Draco had been blackmailed.

And not by just anyone, either.

But the one he thought was a friend.

"Draco, I see what you're writing. Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic? I just want you to admit your feelings."

Draco glared at Pansy, thrusting his quill into the ink pot. Pansy had found his stash of feather boas and fashion magazines and was using them to her advantage. "Pansy, I am not being dramatic. You could ruin my life!"

"I'm pretty sure-"

"Ah, but see you what you did there? You said "pretty sure." Not sure. You don't know. Slytherin could go ballistic on my a** for all I know," Draco interrupted.

"Okay, now you're being dramatic," Pansy said.

"Who's being dramatic?" Blaise asked, entering the dormitory and sitting on the bed next to Pansy.

"Draco."

"I am not being dramatic!" Draco said.

"Sounds pretty dramatic to me," Blaise countered. "What happened this time? Did Pansy catch you-"

"That was one time!" Draco yelled. "Honestly, I basically had to chop off my arms for you to stop from posting that picture. No, Pansy was looking through my closet and-"

"-found that stash of Muggle candy?"

Pansy got a glint in her eye that said that she was going to use that against him, too.

"Blaise! Wait, no- how'd you even know about that?" Draco asked after a second.

"I was looking for a tie, and you have, like, two dozen. I took one of the Milky War - no, Way - bars you had. It was actually pretty good."

"I hate you guys," Draco mumbled and faced Pansy. "Fine. I have a- a crush on-"

"H-A-R-R-Y P-"

"I KNOW HOW TO SPELL HIS NAME!!"

Blaise rolled his eyes. "Oh, is that what this is about."

Two pillows hit his head at the same time.

***

"Malfoy!"

Draco internally groaned and rolled his eyes. Pansy, to his left, smirked at him and mouthed something which Draco swore never to repeat. Until Harry and he had married and adopted three little Veela babies.

Where the heck did that come from?

Draco turned. "Potter," he drawled, but there was no venom in his words, which made Harry give a lopsided grin, and Draco felt his heart melt a little. "What do you want?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to come to Hogsmeade with me tomorrow - Saturday - it's a Hogsmeade weekend, I need to-"

The rest of Harry's words changed to static, and Draco was dimly aware that it probably looked like his face was on fire. The git had the audacity - the nerve - and, he reluctantly admitted, the courage to ask him out.

Draco was just trying to figure out how to say yes without sounding too clingy.

"Sure," he blurted, which was not at all proper, Malfoy-ish, or at all what he was planning to say. But he had accepted, and the bright look on Harry's face was worth it. 

"Great! Thanks, Draco! Meet me at 11 tomorrow morning," he said, and practically bounced off.

Blaise whistled softly after a moment when it was clear Draco was going to do nothing but stare down the hallway, unmoving. "Man, you are whipped."

"Am not!" Draco said, whirling around and scowling.

Am too, Allysia taunted in his head. He realized that he hadn't heard from her very often. But seriously, just accept it and move on.

What do you know? Draco responded, turning hesitantly and moving down the hallway.

A lot more than you, Allysia said in all seriousness. I've seen this happen before, you know. With many different people.

Draco was about to turn the corner when he realized that Harry had said "Draco" instead of "Malfoy," and stopped and blushed furiously again.

Maybe Blaise was right. He was kind of whipped.

NOTES:

I realize this chapter is a little short, but I couldn't figure out how to end this otherwise. Besides, I got it out in record time.

I'm almost at 100 followers, too, and I just love all you guys I wish I had enough patience and creativity to crank out two chapters a day. But I don't, so you're stuck with one or two a month instead.

Bright, cheerful, totally Gryffindor Harry is back!

Bye, gotta go!