Chapter 8

Over the summer, Draco had grown sleepy and hungry. Even when he ate, and even when he slept almost twelve hours.

It's the bond, Allysia told him. It's controlling-

"I don't want to be controlled," Draco said viciously, and went back to sleep, even though it was 10:00 in the morning. He needed twelve hours of sleep every day to keep himself running. This was going to be a problem when they got to Hogwarts.

***

Harry arrived at the platform with the Weasley's. He was filled with apprehension for three reasons - one, there was apparently something going on at school. Two - he was going back to Hogwarts. Three - Allysia.

Harry had stuck himself in a ditch and was refusing to get out. And in this case, Allysia was standing on the banks - right above his head.

He put his stuff away and found a compartment with Hermione and Ron. They talked - Ron kept blushing slightly, but Harry didn't think Hermione noticed - and Harry stared out the window.

"Mate, you alright?" Ron asked him suddenly, and Harry looked up. "You're kind of distant. Are you still thinking about that veela girl?"

"She's different," Harry murmured. "We saw them at the Quidditch World Cup and they were so... ethereal. Allysia looked practically human, with just a touch of veela attractiveness. She's nice, and I've never seen her turn into a bird."

"If she's a half-veela, that makes perfect sense," Hermione said. She searched through her bag. "I met with her, and asked her a few questions." She pulled out some paper. "Mostly about birth, but I asked about the bonds, and how the genders worked, of course."

"How'd you meet with her?" Harry questioned suspiciously.

Hermione dropped her gaze to her lap, where her hands were folded. A light blush brushed her cheeks. "Well, I- I-"

"You figured it out!" Ron straightened. "That's great! Who is it?"

Hermione blushed harder. "I- I can't say. He- he doesn't want me to. He's in Slytherin, is all I can say." She looked up, her eyes finding Harry. "You will figure it out, Harry. But I think it's best if you don't."

***

Draco locked the door. Blaise and Pansy were in here. With a sigh, he let Allysia take control and collapsed onto the bench. She closed her eyes. "Wake me when we get there," Draco mumbled through her mouth.

"Are you okay?" Pansy asked worriedly. 

"I'm fine," Draco muttered, and then drifted off into sleep. 

He was in a garden. Beautiful archways with ivy growing over it. Flowers grew in a line along the brick walkway, releasing beautiful scents. Silver trees grew, their branches laden with gold apples. Benches were placed haphazardly throughout the garden. A wishing fountain was centered. The landscape was gorgeous. But the weirdest thing was it seemed familiar.

Where am I? Draco asked - no, more like a thought. His word echoed through the place, even though his mouth didn't move.

I'm not sure, a familiar voice replied. Where are you? You've visited here before - four times, I think. Five now.

Draco suddenly remembered dreaming about this place. He spun around, meeting Allysia's laughing silver eyes. Hello, he thought. He headed - subconsciously - towards the wishing fountain. He dug his hand into his pocket and found a penny. Flicking it into the fountain, he thought - I wish to see what's going to happen to Harry this year - while closing his eyes.

Over the summer, he had cut out every picture of Harry when they had put him in the paper. He was very shy, in fact, for a famous wizard. 

When he was in a good mood, he would just stare at the pictures, wondering what Harry was thinking about. When he was in a bad mood, he would crumple up the pictures and chuck them at the wall. Or he would pin them up and shoot darts at them. But he always retrieved them. Always muttered a repairing spell. 

Because as much as he hated to admit it, he was falling for the black-haired boy. His green eyes that always were filled with a joyful light. His messy hair that looked like he had never combed it. His slightly crooked grin.

Draco shook himself from his thoughts as he stared down into the wishing fountain. Pictures had started to form. A crazy-looking guy - Mad-Eye Moody, his father had said? Probably with disdain. A cup. No, a goblet. Blue flames coming out of it. A charred slip of paper. With two words. Harry Potter.

An egg. A golden egg, being plunged under the water. Mermaids, hissing. Only take one. A maze made out of trees. Trees? No, bushes. A trophy. A flash of green light. Sobbing. A screech. Blood. And then... A face. A deathly pale face, with red eyes. Two slits instead of a nose. 

Draco stumbled backward, caught by two arms. He looked up into the face of Allysia. Except she didn't have a smile. She had a grim look. Draco. You won't remember any of this when you wake up. Only I will. When the last task happens, transform into me. It will all come rushing back.

Draco nodded numbly, and everything started fading. He heard a distant voice. "Draco... Draco! Draco! Draco, wake up!"

His eyes opened to find the Pansy calling his name and shaking him lightly. He sat up. "What?" he asked groggily. He tried to cling on to the dream, but eventually it slipped away from him - like trying to collect mist in a bottle. He only remembered Allysia's last words to him.

Speaking of Allysia... apparently, Draco had taken control while he had been sleeping.

"Are we here?" he asked, sitting up. He still felt sleepy, but slightly less drowsy. But he wanted to rebel. He didn't want to be controlled and didn't want to have to bond with Harry Potter.

"Yes, and unless you want to go all the way back to London, I suggest you get off," Blaise drawled sarcastically.

After they entered the entrance hall, something seemed different. What Draco didn't realize was his entire life was going to change.

Starting now.

NOTES:

Well, not right now anyway. I don't feel like writing anymore. 

GUYS!!! GUYS!!!! GUYS!!!! I'M GOING TO HARRY POTTER WORLD!!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!!!!

What should I get/try there? Butterbeer, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans... I want to go on the Dragon Challenge ride and the Escape from Gringotts ride...

Anyway, back to the story.

Yes, another time skip. I have a scene planned out. It won't happen for another two or so chapters, unfortunately, but I need this time skip. (In case you didn't get it, it's to 4th year.)

Don't be a ghost! Cote!

(But don't be a portrait, they're way too chatty.)