Chapter 14

(The picture is kind of cut off, so here's the conversation:

Draco: Potter, could you please hold this for me?

Harry: ... that's your hand.

Draco: How very observant of you.)

Draco was panicking. "What the hell do I wear to a date, Pansy? I've never dated before!"

"Yes, because your eye has been on this boy... that you're going out with right now? So he likes you?" Pansy drawled.

"What's your point?"

"My point is, he already finds you attractive, obviously. He won't care what you wear."

She's right, you know, Allysia said. Just wear something that screams "Slytherin" and also "Malfoy" but isn't too snobbish.

How am I supposed to find an outfit that does that! Draco replied, gritting his teeth.

I don't know, you're the gay one, Allysia replied.

Draco rolled his eyes. But after sifting through everything, he found a green shirt, black jeans, a thin silver chain which he tucked under his shirt, and then found himself staring in the mirror. He looked fine. Maybe some brown shoes. Now, how to style his hair?

***

Harry was panicking, also, but not about clothes.

"Hermione, where do I take him? It was a spur-of-the-moment idea! What if he shows up? No, he will show up, I hope- Hermione, WHAT IF HE DOESN'T SHOW UP?"

Hermione's face was smushed into a pillow, having to deal with this for almost half an hour. "He'll show up."

"How can you be sure?" he asked. "What if he wears, like, a suit? Am I too casual? Will he want to go to the Three Broomsticks, or Zonko's? Does he like pranks? Honeydukes, Honeydukes is always safe... unless he's on a diet, but he isn't because his mother sends him chocolates, he eats them, right? So-"

"Harry, you're rambling. He's Draco Malfoy, surely he'll have something planned out," Hermione groaned.

"But I asked him out!"

Hermione stood up, stretching. "Just do something. He's head-over-heels for you, if you bring him to the Hog's Head and make him pay, he'll be fine with it. Just don't do that, it'll make you seem like you don't care. Just bring him to the Three Broomsticks, reserve a table. Talk, get to know each other. You'll be fine."

She left.

***

Hermione left the dormitory, walking down the hallway. The clocks read 8:43, so Harry had plenty of time to plan.

She bumped into Pansy, and they both glared at each other. 

"Watch where you're going," she hissed, but there was something weary in her eyes and something clicked, and Hermione started laughing. "What are you laughing about?"

"Draco is going crazy too, isn't he?"

A slow smile spread across Pansy's face. "Oh my god, is Potter freaking out too?"

Hermione nodded. "He threw on something casual, then decided it wasn't good enough, but got sidetracked by where he was going to take Draco - he's the worst date planner ever."

"Mmm, I'd disagree with that. Draco's worse."

"Want to go out by the lake? I've got no plans, and I need fresh air," Hermione asked. "Besides, I'm tired of being talked at by Harry. I need someone to talk with."