Chapter 10

Draco gripped the edge of the railing, knuckles white as soon as the whistle blew. The moment Harry charged into the hedge, his throat pounded.

"Not now, Allysia," he hissed, struggling to keep control.

And then, a little less then half an hour later, it happened. Draco's wings sprouted. Incredible pain in his throat, a hacking cough which ended up in blood, and a few feathers that appeared from nowhere drifting past his face.

He bolted through the stands, people gaping at him in surprise.

"Professor Snape!" Draco nearly shouted, fighting his way towards his professor, voice hoarse. Another cough. Blood ended up on his hands. "Professor, H- Potter's in trouble!"

Snape took one look at Draco's state and moved swiftly through the crowd, shoving aside any as so foolish as to block his path.

"Dumbledore," Snape snapped. (Yes. Yes, I had to. Maybe a serious Sirius joke, too...) "We've got a very unstable boy that I do not believe is completely... aware right now. What do we do?"

Dumbledore rose to his feet. "Where's Harry?" he asked.

Draco's vision tunneled. All he saw was graves. A flash of light. A scream. "Graveyard. Cup... cup. It wasn't safe. I bloody knew it wasn't." Draco was aware he didn't make much sense, but he didn't care at this stage.

And then, with a flash, Harry appeared. Draco knew. He closed his eyes and concentrated on not lunging down the stadium.

Dumbledore was gone, heading down the stairs.

Draco managed a turn of the head, to see what was going on. He saw Mad-Eye Moody take Harry away. Was that Diggory's body? Diggory was dead. Harry could have died. The thought made Draco nauseous. He hated himself for these thoughts, but he couldn't help it.

***

So much had happened. Draco allowed himself to be led by Snape. Probably towards Harry. Draco didn't care at this point, really.

"Wait," Draco stopped. "I- need-"

"We're bringing you to the infirmary, follow me," Snape's voice filtered through the air, cold as it normally was, but with a tinge of concern, so faint that unless you knew him like Draco did, you could hardly tell it was there.

"You know?" Draco said after a moment, his brain moving sluggishly. "I mean- do you know? Me?"

"I understand you are a veela who has been denying the bond as it struggles to form, yes," Snape said coldly. "And it was either Diggory or Potter-" he said Potter with so much distaste Draco almost felt it, "And as you're still alive, I am going to assume it's Potter."

Draco nodded mutely, and a door came into focus in front of them. Snape opened in, and with a worried question from Madam Pomfrey and a clipped answer from Snape, he was guided into a bed.

"What happened?" Madam Pomfrey asked so much pity and concern in her voice Draco thought he would puke.

"I am- was an idiot," Draco mumbled, slurring the words, laying his head on the pillow. The ceiling was white, plain and white. It was comforting looking at it.

"Get Harry Potter," Snape said. His voice was quiet, which was unlike him.

Madam Pomfrey probably didn't have a clue what was going on, but nodded and left. Draco closed his eyes and drifted off into the darkness.

***

MWAHAHAHAHA I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED IN HARRY'S POV YOU'LL HAVE TO HEAR IT FROM DUMBLEDORE I'M EVIL GDSFLJDSLJGLKJFLKJGLKFDJGLKDFJ

***

When Draco opened his eyes again, he felt much better. His wings were surrounding him, which explained his weird dream of being wrapped and unwrapped in a green silk blanket.

He was staring into twinkling blue eyes adorned with a pair of half-moon spectacles.

Draco tried to sit up, and he winced at a sudden headache. "Ow. Did-" Draco sat straight up, ignoring the throbbing in his temples. "Did you tell him?"

Dumbledore tilted his head. "No."

"I suppose the fates told you to wait," Draco grumbled, rubbing his forehead with the palm of his hand. "Because he's stupid enough to still not have a clue what's going on."

"Well, as your wings aren't out, I suppose he could not-"

"Don't you use that voice with me," Draco warned, slumping back. "I don't have time for games. Could you tell him for me?"

"That is your decision to make, and your words to use, Draco," Dumbledore said, still smiling pleasantly.

"But what if he hates me? I'm two different people and he hates me," Draco protested, then winced. He sounded very un-Malfoyish. "I guess I haven't done much to help that... but..." Draco crossed his arms. "Why am I even talking to you?"

Dumbledore tilted his head. "I don't know. Why are you?" He rose to his feet.

"He needs to know, Draco. And one way or another, he will."

NOTES:

Holy crap guys, we're past 210 votes. And 3K reads. Wow. Thank you. I know I'm very quiet but that's because I'm in literal shock. *blows up* 

Thank you for all the positive comments! I love you guys! But I love Keefe more, I'm sorry but he's awesome. Here are some pictures of him (he's the blond boy):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WBZdA1n8XeE/VX9WyZxnAlI/AAAAAAAAFJw/hZV0lwkIFqY/s1600/Keeper2EXILE_CVRtype.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b4/1f/0b/b41f0b0fe160088e153efc063c221a90.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/30/54/79/305479d7a93b3680066214f065fed58e.jpg

Look, I know I've been publishing stupid one-shots instead of working on this story, but I just didn't feel like working on this, I guess.

AND HARRY PROBABLY KNOWS NOW!!!!! UNLESS HE'S REALLY STUPID!!!!!! WHICH OF COURSE HE IS!!!!!!!

If you want another chapter, please vote - though that isn't necessary, that just makes me feel warm inside. Send me messages, post comments. Positive ones, of course. That gives me the sort of determination I need to keep going. 

Believe in me. (And yourself, of course.)