Chapter One-Shadow High

Chapter One- Shadow High

I turned the ignition of my 2009 Toyota Tundra truck off with a sigh. Wolves got their license before they turn 15 and became full grown at 16, but most stayed at school until they graduate like humans at 18. I was 15, turning 16 tomorrow where I would take over my apprenticeship to my adopted dad Seth. I used to have a family, in fact I was the Beta's first born daughter. But my family was murdered by rogues, Alpha Jacob chose a new Beta when I found myself in the pack doctors home. I didn't remember what happened during the attack or what happened before I found out that they were dead, Seth never told me.

I was brought from my thoughts as the calling bell for school rang. My pack went to- the oblivious race of humans at a near town in- a school called Shadow High School. It was two months into the year and Quarter grades were soon to come out. I was a good student, atleast I got passing grades and chose to be in AP and Honors classes.

I took a last look in the mirror at my black-brown strait hair that curled at the ends, chocolate eyes, and slight tan skin that all wolves had. I grabbed my black Jansport back pack before shoving my keys in my pocket and getting out of my truck. I had AP Physics first period, great start to my brilliant normal day.

20 minutes into class before the teacher- Mr. Morris- came into the room and settled the stupid Jocks and Cheerleaders into their chairs. I sadly sat next to one of the human Jocks, but he was a smarter Jock.

"Alright kids, settle down and get ready to take notes," he near barked at us.

The teacher was human and just as the rest of the human school he didn't know of the wolves who sat in his room now. I did as he ordered taking my Physics note book from my back pack and opening it to a clean lined page before the Jock to my right tapped my shoulder. I glanced at him looking into his green eyes. He wasn't that bad looking, black hair, tan skin and leaf green eyes. But I wasn't into humans, I've never dated because of it.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can I borrow a piece of paper? I left my note book at home," he replied with a smile. Surely he meant no harm, he was just trying to be charming.

I sighed tearing a page out of my book and handing it to him, his hand touching mine slightly as he took the paper near sending shivers down my spine, my Wolf growled in my mind in return.

"Thanks, Lilly," he whispered.

"You know me name?" I replied shocked as I started to take notes on the slide Mr. Morris placed on the projector.

"Everyone does," he said as he started to do the same.

Before I could reply the door opened and though I didn't look to see who it was I knew it was most likely a late or new student.

"Mr. Chase, thank you for finally joining us just as I thought the new student wasn't going to show up."

I stiffened as I recognized the last name of my Alpha. I didn't dare smell the air as most smart wolves did the same. Humans seemed to douse themselves in perfume and Axe that could easily damage our noses. It had to be one of his 2 sons. The oldest Erin, at the age of 18, or the youngest Dustin, at my age of 15.

The voice confirmed it to be the youngest. "My apologies, I was having trouble finding your room," he replied in a baritone that probably had half the girls in the room swoon over him.

"Mhm," Mr. Morris huffed. "Please take the empty seat in the back of the room. Preston Avery and Lilly Brooke will be your partners in labs and team assignments, ect."

Damn it. I kept my head down continuing my notes as I felt Dustin's presence run over me as he took the empty seat to my left, on my other side Preston was obviously looking from Dustin to me.