Chapter Two- Aplha's House

Chapter Two- Alpha's House

I put my truck into park on the curb of the Alpha's three story mansion house. I noticed Dustin's silver Mustang in the drive and another car shadowed in the darkness. On the porch in one of the chairs sat Dustin eyeing my truck as I turned it off. This was going to be the longest night of my entire life, that was for sure as I stepped out from my truck with my Physics books in my arm. Dustin stood up to meet me on the porch steps.

"I thought there was a meeting tonight?" I said as he met me.

He smiled that usual charming smile of his. I wasn't going to get out of this that easy was I? "That's later on tonight in a few hours. My dad and Erin are working on the preparations so we have the place all to ourselves."

I'm screwed. "And the Luna?" she was a sweet wolf, only ever cared for her family and her pack.

"You know mates, joined at the hip," his smile widened as he led me up the stairs and through the front door into a large grey furnaced room. He led me from that room into the dining hall where a large mahogany table sat under a crystal chandelier. To say the least, this place was very expensive and neat. He and I took a seat closer to the chandelier in the middle of the room on the glossy high back chairs.

"This is one large house for a 4 person family," I said as he pulled his books from his messenger bag.

"Indeed, many of the rooms are unused and haven't been touched in a long time. They used to be spare rooms for when other packs are coming or when something had happens and they need a place to stay. When things like a burned home, or when a family is killed leaving only one child behind," he said as he pulled in his chair next to me.

"Don't..." I said to him near glaring at him for mentioning what I went through. "5 years does not leave it any less hard, Prince Dustin."

He raised his hands in surrender, "Alright, I'll back off."

"Can we just work on our homework, I have a feeling Preston won't do it, and I know we'll have a 'surprise' test tomorrow, maybe lab."

"How do you know? And that's humans, lazy and never do what they're supposed to do. Instead he focuses on watching you all through class."

The shock on my face made him smirk. "Like you didn't know, you're smart, hot, and hard to get, humans love that. You're a wolf, I'm amazed that you didn't know that the Jock kid was crushing on you."

I blushed and ducked my head back to my homework. Was this really happening, to me of all people?

"You know there's truth in my words, you just don't want to admit it," he said his voice layered and serious.

"You completely correct, and I won't admit it, I don't have to," I said keeping my eyes on the table. "You invited me here to help you with your Physics homework, that's the only thing I plan to do."

His finger tucked itself under my chin and raised my eyes to meet his, which were now inches from my face. "I'm sorry for intruding on your past, but I meant no harm by doing so."

I was shit canned now, I should have refused. "You don't know how it is knowing your parents were killed and not knowing why they spared you," I replied tightly.

His face leaned closer, his breath stirring mine, "Erin never told you," Dustin nearly gasped.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I never spoke to Prince Erin besides seeing him once after my parents died.

"He saved your life, he found you in your parents home covered in blood and just about dead. My dad said that you were good as dead, but he wouldn't let you die, he took you to Seth. Erin saved your life," he explained.

'All wolves report to the towns square, immediately,' Alpha Jacobs voice came in through the packs mind link.

Dustin seemed to be infuriated by his fathers interjection in our conversation, but he didn't move, his eyes stayed on mine as his hand stayed under my chin.

"Why?" I asked. "Why would he save me?" I near whispered.

"Because he had to save the Beta's daughter," he replied before his lips were suddenly placed on mine.

I wanted to pull away more than anything, instead of my mate being the first to kiss me it was Dustin. I near fell into it before I found the strength and pulled back as quick as I could. I turned away from him and grabbed my books before getting up and walking myself to the front door.

"Lilly, wait!" Dustin called after me.

I turned around to him right behind me, trying to keep me from leaving.

"I can't do this, not now, I'm not ready to be with someone I barely know."

Dustin looked taken aback, "Lilly..."

"Don't, Dustin just leave it at this." I used that moment to turn back around and exit the house, walking to my truck and getting into the drivers seat.

I leaned my head on the steering wheel and closed my eyes to keep myself from screaming. I didn't want this, or to make an enemy of the Alpha's son, I really hope it wouldn't turn out that way. I pulled back and turned my truck on, the Alpha called a meeting everyone had to be there. I looked to the clock on my dashboard to find it said 12:03 am. It was now officially my birthday.

-Vote, Comment, Share-