Chapter Ten- Saving Her

Erin's POV

Just as Dustin said we got no fight going through the front door, no tried wolf confront us as we strolled strait through the grand hall. One wolf, a man with light blonde hair grey blue eyes and wolf toned skin who identified himself as Vincent approached us.

"Alpha Nathan has been waiting for you, I am his Beta, he has asked me to lead you to the grand hall," he informed us.

"I am guessing his patrols warned you," Dustin stated.

He gave a curt nod, "Indeed, may I?" he asked beckoning us to follow him down the hall.

I hesitated before following with Dustin trailing behind watching my back. The hall led to a large front room with black furniture and a large glass chandelier hanging above the center. Vincent led us to another another hall before stopping.

"This is as far as I am permitted to go, Alpha Nathan is in through the double doors right at the end of the hall. It was a pleasure to meet you Alpha Erin and Brother."

I didn't care if the man knew my name I gave him a nod before striding down the hall to the large dark oak doors. I took a deep breath before shoving the doors open and taking a look at the room. I was going to make them regret living when my eyes landed on the motionless naked figure laying in the middle of the room.

I was kneeling by Lilly's body in seconds stripping my shirt and placing it over her small frame. I noticed her wrists were cut all the way around and fresh blood lightly pooled around her hands. Her face was pale and vulnerable, weak, it made me growl in anger. Her hair was swept from her face, deliberately baring her neck and cheek where it would usually cover it. I heard Dustin growl and looked up to see a man with brown hair and bronze eyes standing just past a doorway with a closed door.

"I see you've already found her," he said as if this was a casual meeting.

"What have you done to her," Dustin snarled, beating me to the words that would have been the only thing I said before I would kill the bastard.

"She did that to herself, I never laid a hand on her," he replied casually.

"How did she near cut her wrists off?!" I snarled 10 times louder than Dustin.

"Silver, the wounds wouldn't heal."

"Why did you take her, tell me before I rip your head from your body," I growled getting up and stepping towards the man.

"She's special," he replied. "Now if I were you, instead of attacking me and wasting precious time, you should think about her first."

"And why do you say that?" I growled.

"Just in case you wanted to kill me I injected her with a poison that if not treated she will die of. Your only chance of saving her is leaving now and finding the nearest pack doctor, or you can try to kill me and by the time you succeed she will already be dead."

I stopped dead in my tracks my face contorting to pure horror, I wanted to kill the man more than anything, but I wouldn't let her die. But should I believe that she had poison in her blood or not?

"How is she special?" I asked.

"Erin we don't have time for this!" Dustin yelled at me from behind.

"If I tell you to take her to Black Plains Pack, but give him chance to answer first."

"You're wasting time, Alpha," the man replied.

"Answer the question before I have my brother take her and I tear you to shreds."

"Her blood, it's unique," he replied fear lingering in his eyes.

"How?!" I barked.

"She is half angel," he said his tone complete and fully truthful. He wasn't lying about this.

"What are you talking about? Her parents were wolves not angels," I said.

"No. Her father was a wolf, her mother was an angel Haylie Brooke was not her real mother."

"Erin, we don't have time for this, if we don't act now leave and take her to Black Plains she will die. Are you really going to let YOUR MATE die because of him?!" Dustin screamed at me.

I turned from the man back towards my brother and my mate, it made me very uncomfortable with these two males around my naked unconscious mate. I kneeled down and picked her from the floor, her head falling back limply as I did so. I looked to my brother before heading toward the big doors, away from the man who I wanted to kill with every fiber of my being, but my mate came first.

"This will not be the last time I see you, Alpha Nathan. And the next time I see you I plan to kill you for what you did to her," I said over my shoulder before bolting for the front door. I had to save her and to do that I had to run 15 miles west of here to the Black Plains Pack, where I begged the goddess they would help me and save my mate.

-Vote, Comment, Share-