Chapter 4

{Alexis' POV}

"Hey Chris! Wait up!" I yelled, "Slow down, will ya?"
"Okay okay.. What's the hold up?" he asked.
"I just needed to take a breath," I answered, while panting, "Why don't we camp here for the night?"
Chris thought about it. "Is it because you're too scared to face her?" he replied, showing a grin on his face.
"What?! No!" I shouted back, "Besides, you do look very tired so I thought-"
"There you have it, folks," he talked nonsensically, "Alex is officially scared of-"
"Would you stop interrupting me?!" I ranted, "Who are you talking to anyways? There's no one else around."
"The readers are still here," he chuckled.
"Really?" I groaned, "All of that, just to tell- you know what? Let's stop."
"Well, you started it."
"Okay! Just stop, will ya?"

We argued for a while and decided to set up camp in this hidden room for the night. Luckily for us, no monster could get inside so we were out of danger. Although we argued earlier, we were still the best of friends. He's like a brother to me. I don't want to lose him.

     "Alex.. Alex!" Chris whispered, "Wake up!"
     "What? Morning already?" I yawned.
     "Shhh.. Not so loud," Chris shushed me, "I think I heard something outside."
     "What is it?" I asked.
     "I don't know. If I knew, then I would have said it," Chris stated, "Use your brain, man."
     "Okay okay," I uttered, "Anyways, do you wanna see what's out there?"
     "Sir yes Sir!" Chris shouted out loud.
     "And here I thought I should be quiet," I replied back, with a displeased expression.

     We peeped through the door. We couldn't really tell who it was, but we saw a human-like silhouette. We thought for a while but were clueless. In the end, we gave up and decided to meet in person.
     We tried to greet the person, but instead we kind of startled her. She drew out her sword immediately.
     "Whoa there, calm down now," Chris told her, "You seem familiar. Alex, you know who she is?"
     I slapped him straight to his face, "That's Senia, idiot!"
     "I was just messing around," Chris joked, "Don't get all mad and all." Senia just laughed in silence.
     "What are you doing here, Senia? You don't suppose to go for eternity, do ya?" I asked, while eating Chris' chips.
     She nodded, "Nope, I'm looking for my Sis."
     "Oh good! We have a new recruit!" Chris cheered, "Celebrati-"
     Another slap came from me, "Will you please stop messing around?" The bag of chips fell out of his hands and dropped to the floor.
     "Nooooooooo!" he wailed. I could tell my inner self's rage bursted in madness due to his silly behaviours. After he stopped, we decided to get a move on.
     We chattered through the hallways alongside each other, until we reached the end of the hallway. Clueless, we investigated the whole area again.

Few minutes later, we finally found something. It was a seemingly odd-shaped button, stucked to the wall. Chris almost pushed the button, but I dragged his arm.
     "No Chris! What if it's a trap?" I wondered, "Why don't we come up with a-"
     "Too late!" Chris interrupted, pointing towards Senia. She activated it, while giving an innocent smile.

     The three of us were teleported into some sort of a time dimensional thingy. We could float due to the absence of gravity, but it was trippy, with all the rainbow-coloured swirls.
     "How long is this gonna take?!" Chris yelled, "I need to go to the toilet!"
     "I dunno! I've never been to one of these, and you expect me to know?" I shrugged, while trying to control my movements.
     "Uhh guys.." Senia gulped.
     "What?" Both of us asked.
     "Jinx!" Chris jumped in, while giving me a troll expression. I just let out a sigh.
     Senia pointed towards a black hole, "What's that?"
     "Oh no! Run!!" I shouted.
     "We can't run! There's no ground!" he stated.
     I couldn't stand his attitude, but I tried to pull both of them. We were getting sucked into the black hole quickly.

Will this be the end of us?

What's on the other side?

Will we ever stop Lynessa from eternity?

     These questions flooded my mind, like there was no tomorrow. I just hoped that we stayed alive once we got through.

{Lynessa's POV}

     Waves of enemies kept coming from left and right. I was too strong that I got to the point of boredom. Finally, the doorgate broke open, but I smelled something fishy at the other side. I peered through the door cracks and saw something odd. I went inside to investigate the cooked fish on the table.
     "Why would there be a cooked fish here?" I questioned myself, "It doesn't hurt to try anyways." I finished the meal, but suddenly, someone was here.
     "And this here is me ol' grandma's special dish," a pirate-voice came from the chef, "Wait, what happened to me fish? I swear I put it on 'tis plate."
     Luckily, I teleported away just in time before they caught me. I bet that chef was cooking for his boss.
     Without hesitation, I climbed my way to the top of the tower. At the top, lied the Demon Lord, which was my next opponent. He was enormous and deadly, however I was not frightened. I kept my confidence within me and fought all the way through. I shouldn't back down now. I want.. Eternity.