Chapter 10

{Senia's POV}

     I heard my name being called multiple times. It was them. I cleared my vision as I opened my eyes. We made it. The Demon Frontier was right in front of us.

"There it is, guys. The Demon Frontier," Alex pointed out, "Let's hope we're not too late."

     "Let's go!" Rose eagerly exclaimed, marching towards the Demon Frontier. Suddenly, Alex grabbed hold of Rose's small wings.

     "Woah there, watch where you're going," he warned, "We are enclosed in a space atmosphere. However, we can still breathe fortunately." I peeped down the edge of the walkway. Sure enough, it was a bottomless end of space.

     "Sorry. I'll be careful next time," Rose apologized.

"Wait! Where's Atlas?" Chris inquired, searching for him, "I can't leave without him!"

     "Let's find him then. I'm sure he can't be that far," I suggested.

     "Alright, I guess we can look for him," Alex insisted, "But after this, we have to find your Sis, Senia."

     We all agreed and started to explore the area in search of Atlas. There were lots of rubbles and debris around, probably a space war happened. Who knows?

After minutes of searching, we arrived at the front gate of the Demon Frontier. There lied an enormous chunk of rubble, surpassing our heights as well.

     "What if he's under here?" Rose suspected.

"There's only one way to find out," I encouraged everyone.

"Help me lift it then," Alex requested, "On my count."

We worked together to lift it up and moved it to the side. We were shocked.m what was beneath it. Atlas was lying down there. Chris knelt down on his knees, saddened by the death of Atlas.

"Chris, we're sorry. But he's in a better place now," Alex tried to comfort him.

"Why? Why did it happened to him? Why not me?!" he wailed in despair.

     "Let's go, Chris. It's for the best," Alex gave a slight pat on his back. He stood up, wiping his tears off his face. We left Atlas right there, and continued adventuring onwards.

In front of us, a gate that led to the Demon Frontier. It was blocking our way though. I looked for a switch to see if it could open up the gate. At the corner of my eye, I saw something. It was a lever. I wonder...

"Hey Rose," I called out, "Do you mind closing your eyes for a sec?"

She closed her eyes. It was cute to see. Anyways, I threw her like a baseball to activate the lever. Apparently, it worked. It unlocked the gate.

"Tell me if you're about to do that," she groaned. I just chuckled.

We went inside and the Demon Frontier was a huge place. It was like a castle the size of a country. There were many corridors leading to different rooms, ranging from the kitchen to the master bedroom. There was also a disco room, which impressed me.

Not wasting anymore time, we walked through the corrider which had a danger sign. Our assumptions led to believe that the orb must be in this corridor. We ventured off into the barely lighted passageway. Rose's body glowed in the dark, giving off enough light for us to see.

Along the way, there were several paintings, depicting some demon-like creatures. Possibly those who ruled the Demon Frontier.

     "Stop," Alex spouted.

     "Why? What happened?" Chris asked.

     "Someone's been here," he answered, "Look ahead."

     "An unlocked door? The window is opened wide? An empty pedestal in the middle of the room?" I was still confused with a bunch of questions left unanswered.

     "I bet someone must've took the orb!" Rose claimed, "And I bet your sister must be trailing whoever took the orb right now."

     "My Sis," I let out a sigh.

     "Error 404! Outside!" Chris shouted, "We've got company, guys!"

     We all looked outside the window, and it wasn't good at all. Hordes of flying gargoyles started swarming the sky, flying towards the Demon Frontier. I guess that tripwire activated the signal or something.

     "We gotta move! Let's go go go!" Alex ordered everyone to run. Luckily, we outsped the gargoyles, and hid safely in a very dark room. I hoped they would be gone for the time being.

{Lynessa's POV}

     "Give! It! Back!" I yelled, as I chased down the orb thief.

     "You can't catch me!" he laughed, "This orb is the last missing piece!"

"Why do you.. need it?!" I asked him out loud.

"I'll explain when we get there. Hehehe," he sounded creepy with that laugh.

I had been chasing him through the forest for several minutes now. What was his deal with the orb? Didn't matter right now, what's important was getting that orb from him first.

"I'm gonna get you," I whispered under my breath, "Just wait, Amon. Just you wait."