Chapter 11

{Chris' POV}

     "Yo Chris," Alex called out, "Mind checking if they're gone or not?"

     "Why me?" I questioned.

     "You're the closest to the door, ya dummy," Rose argued, "Takes a small portion of the brain to figure that out."

     "Just shut your mouth, lil' fly!" I snapped back, "Wait 'til I get my hands-"

     "Enough!" Alex stopped the argument, "Chris, check." I opened the door slowly and peeked through the tiny gap.

     "Seems like the swarm's gone for now," I reported, "Finally fresh air!" I instantaneously pushed the door wide open, revealing light into the room. The sunlight lightened up the room in an instant.

"Next time, tell us that you're gonna open it," Rose stated, "my eyes hurt, y'know," while rubbing her eyes.

"Anyways, are we ready to venture off another mile or two?" Alex led the way.

     "Wait guys," Senia kneeled down, picking up a strange note on the floor, "Lookie here."

     "What does it say?" Rose asked, curious about the message written on the piece of note.

     I immediately snatched it from Senia's hands and cleared my throat, "Whoever is reading this, you must not wake the beast within the depths."

     "Does it say anything about the writer?" Senia inquired.

     I scanned the note thoroughly and realised something, "Wait guys! Isn't this Lynn's handwriting?" I showed the note to the others, but Senia grabbed it before anyone could look.

     "This handwriting," she inspected the note, "It's Sis." Her eyes were filled with tears, but she held back.

     "Senia, let's go find your sister. Pronto!" Alex mentioned, "I'm sure she's not far off." Senia just nodded in silence.

     We all took off and went to the back of the frontier. The trees looked wilted, the grass hadn't been watered ever since and the sky seemed gloomy, like it was about to rain. There were footprints leading into another forest. Unlike the Forest of The Fairies, this forest had a weird atmosphere surrounding it. It was as if some dark ritual happened here.

     "You sure she's in there?" Rose questioned.

     "You asked that question for the third time already!" I complained, "How many more do you need?"

     "I'm going," Senia confidently answered, "My Sis could be in danger."

     "Alex, Chris," she called our names, "You two joining?"

     "I can't leave her alone, can I?" Alex replied, "Plus Lynn's my childhood friend. I have to find her, no matter what."

"I'll go," I answered shortly.

"No reasons or anything?" she queried, "Just a short answer?"

"Do I have to?" I muttered, giving a weird look on my face.

"Are you alright, bro?" Alex worried, "You don't seem good. We could rest here-"

"Just go. I'll catch up," I insisted, "Senia's sister is more important. I.. need to do something for a moment."

They decided to agree and ventured into the forest, following the footprints. I could hear them still, but faintly. Those could be their last words. Their faces.. could be the last I would see them.

"Have you set the trap?" a female voice came through inside the frontier.

"Do you really need to ask?" I replied, "Have I failed you before?"

"Good then. Lynessa's waiting for you at the other side of the forest," she added.

"Wait. Do you have a moment?" I stopped her from leaving, "I want to ask something."

"Hmm?" she hummed, "What is it?"

"Why do I have to kill them?" I questioned, "They're my friends. At least capture them. They don't deserve any deaths!"

"Look, dear. These are Lynessa's orders," she answered, "I'm just her messenger, giving out orders from her."

I clenched my fists as she left. I felt guilt, building up inside of me. They didn't deserve any fatality. Not even slight. My conciousness kept on telling me to stop them. I wondered what to do.

{Lynessa's POV}

I was foolish of myself. Letting my guard down and became a prisoner here in this disgusted place. This cage was hung up above a lava pit.

"How's it feel like up there?" Amon chuckled, "Warm and chilly there?" I just kept silence, trying to figure out a plan of escape.

He immediately grew demonic wings and flew up to me, saying, "C'mon now, don't be a bummer. Enjoy your last moments of life!"

I wonder if they can find me here. Oh wait, they're going to die as well. I told her to help Chris build the death trap. I thought I could handle it, but I guess I failed.

I thought to myself about these situations, completely ignoring Amon. He just laughed hysterically, craved about my death. I assumed I would be his next meal this evening.

And I was happy. My life. An end. My family has been waiting for me. I was glad to be here.

Thank you, Amon. May your corrupted soul be be purified soon.

A/N : I'm sorry for not publishing lately. I've had a lot of schoolwork and some matters with my family. I'll try to publish as often as possible. It's tough keeping up the pace :[ I hope ya'll understand. Ciao~