Chapter 12

{Chris' POV}

     My thoughts flustered in my mind, like a tsunami had washed up and little to nothing remained. These relationships, these bonds with them. I couldn't think properly, couldn't even move a muscle of my brain or anything. Frozen as heck, I don't even know now.

What should I do?

{Alex's POV}

     "Hey wait up!" I shouted, while catching my breath.

     "A guardian, can't even catch up to two girls," Rose bragged, rolling her eyes.

     I felt like a dark aura surrounding my body. Immediately, I spoke, "Take those words back," giving a sinister look to her.

Both Senia and Rose were frightened and slowly stepped backwards. I didn't know what happened back there, but we decided to forget it and continue our journey.

"Wait a minute. Where's Chris?" Senia asked perplexedly.

"Come to think of it, where has he been?" Rose jumped in, "Alex, you know any place?" I just shrugged, clueless of his whereabouts.

"Let's just continue heading that direction. I'm sure he'll catch up to us," Senia stated, leading the way.

     "Wait!" we all heard a shout from a distance.

     "Chris!" Rose yelled, "Where the heck were you at?"

     "Don't go further down there," Chris demanded, panting heavily.

     "Why?" Senia asked, "Is there something wrong, Chris?"

     "A trap," he replied, "I set it up,"

     "What for?" I was anxious about the trap.

     "To kill," he paused for a moment, "To kill you guys." We were all creeped out. Senia looked like she was about to burst into tears. "Look! I can explain!"

     "Chris," Rose mumbled under her breath, "What the fuck."

     "I can expl–"

     "Just stop, Chris. Go away," I ordered, "Enough is enough! Stop doing things like these! Your past, your reputation, ruined."

     "Just when I was about to like you," Rose mentioned, "but in the end, you just messed it up."

     "Let's go," I said, "Just leave him."

{Chris' POV}

     Alex started walking away, then Rose and lastly Senia. She looked back, and shortly after joined the group. I could see her face, terrified and in despair.

     Sigh. I wish I didn't listen to her again. I am such a fool. A goddamn fool. I thought to myself.

     A few moments later, I heard a growl in the bushes. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't guess what it was. Suddenly, it jumped out and startled me, causing me to jump a few steps back. It was Atlas.

     "Atlas!" I called out his name, "At least you're still here with me." I rubbed his scaly front, up to his nose. He liked it when I did that ever since I started befriending him. Some good old times.

     "Your pet is alive, huh? Impressive."

     "Wait a minute," I realised, "Cassandra! Show yourself!"

     "Did they screamed for their lives?" she started talking behind a tree, "Where's the blood at?"

She knew I set up a trap to kill my friends, so she came prepared to see the red juice. I actually resented the fact that she craved for blood even if she wasn't a supernatural creature or anything.

"Uhh hello? Earth to human? Vampy speaking," she snapped her fingers right in front of my face, trying to divert my attention towards her.

"Oh sorry," I replied, "About that. They escaped."

"Aww.. Just when the party was getting started," she uttered, "How they avoid it?"

     "I,"

     "Eye?" she was confused.

     "Aye aye!" my words spouted at random, "Oh sorry. Got carried away there. It was me."

     "I understand. Friends are friends, and you can't keep your gut to it," she told me, "Anyways, gimme a call when you need help or something." She winked at me and zoomed through the forest.

     "Maybe I can still fix this," I said to myself, "Whatcha think, Atlas?" He just sit there, trying to get a view of the forest.

     Without hesistation, I rode on top of Atlas and marched towards the group. "Let's go, Atlas!" I directed my hand in front of him, showing the way.

     I hope they can forgive me.

{Senia's POV}

     We had trekked for a couple of miles already, but it seemed like we had been walking in circles. I panted heavily, trying to catch my breath. There was a huge log nearby, so we decided to sit there for a while.

     "What's gonna happen to Chris?" I worried about him, "Is he gonna be alright?"

     "He has his own way," Alex answered, "I just hope that way is not corruption."

     "Corruption? What do you mean by that exactly?" Rose was anxious to know.

     "Let's leave that for a story soon to be told," he added, "We should try and get out of this forest as quick as possible."

     He stood up, being more energetic than before. I wondered how he gained that much in such a short amount of time. Anyways, we started travelling towards the same direction. I hoped we could leave this place soon.