Chapter 8

{Alex's POV}

     I jumped to the side, dodging his death attack. He came charging straight towards me, but I was ready to jump. When I landed, I lost my balance and fell on the floor. Some spikes pierced through my skin, creating scars all over my left arm. Although my arm was badly injured, I was still able to use it, but faintly.

     He took advantage of this and started to attack me again. I got up as quickly as possible and sprinted around the room to avoid his attacks. I tried to exit the room, but blocked my way out.

     "Why are you running away? Are you afraid?" he started talking, giving a creepy smile.

     "I am not afraid!" I snapped back, "You're just some psycopathic lunatic!"

     "What do we have here? A fighter huh?" he taunted, "More like a coward one!"

     "Just shut up, will ya?!" I shouted at him.

     "If you think you are a fighter, then why aren't you fighting back?" he nagged me, "I thought that's a thing in fighters, always fighting back."

     It ended with an awkward silence in the conversation. I didn't want to reply back. I know I would get joked around.

     Suddenly, his face showed up right in front of me. My body froze as if the fears within me went away. I couldn't even move an inch of my muscle. I knew at that moment, I was defeated. I gave up hope. He then casted a spell on my head. My mind went blank. A few seconds later, my vision faded slowly and I became unconscious.

God dammit. I failed myself.
I'm sorry...   sensei.

{Senia's POV}

     "Rose! Take out the crystals first!" I ordered, "It's preventing us from damaging the Queen!"

     "Righto!" she followed my lead, "Wait, how do we turn these off again?"

     "Anything! Use your spells or something!" I told, "We need to take her out quick or we'll lose her to eternity!"

     Rose chanted some magic words. Suddenly, roots grew beneath the crystals and destroyed all of them at once. My jaw dropped in amazement. I didn't know she could do that.

     "Senia! Behind you!" she warned.

     I looked behind and saw Melphid was about to attack me. I managed to avoid it safely. "That was close," I relieved.

     "Please be more careful, Senn. It's dangerous y'kno?" Rose begged, "I don't wanna lose you now."

     "Aww cute," I spoke softly, "Don't worry, I won't leave you."

     We continued to attack Melphid repeatedly but she was far too strong. Our attacks were no match against her. We hid in a bush to recover energy after fighting tremendously. Then, I heard a loud roar in the distance.

     "Wait Rose, did you hear that?" I asked her.

     "I don't hear anything," she replied, "Whatchu on about?"

     "Shh.." I shushed, "Listen carefully."

     We both listened for the roar again. Sure enough we heard it. It was getting louder.

     "Yeeehaw!" Chris yelled, "It's good to be back, right, Atlas?" He was riding a huge dinosaur.

     "Jeez Chris, at least don't startle us," Rose argued.

     "Oh, sorry. Didn't see you guys there," he apologized, "Like my ankylosaurus? Pretty awesome, right?"

     "Now how did you get here?" I questioned, "I thought you picked a different hallway."

     Chris was about to answer, but Rose interrupted him, "Guys, less talk, more fight here." Melphid tried to overcome eternity herself. However, she failed to do so and became enraged instead. She spawned the crystals back for extra protection. This time, there were more of them than before.

     "We need a plan, quick!" Chris panicked.

     "Chris, you go destroy the crystal beams. Rose, find some vines to tie her up against that gigantic tree. I got an idea," I commanded everyone.

     "I hope you know what you're doing," Rose pleaded.

     I dashed left and right to grab Melphid's attention, while Rose secretly tied her up to the tree. However, I tripped on a stump and she managed to grab hold of me. She clenched her fists tight that my bones seemed like they would break any second now.

     "Seniaaa!" both of them screamed my name.

     "Chris, attack her foot! Maybe she'll let go of her," Rose told, "while I'll try using my spells to attack her arm!"

     Chris used Atlas' tail to hit hard on Melphid's foot. She flinched, but her fists were still locked. He did it multiple times, but it wasn't working well. On the other hand, Rose stay calmed and concentrated, chanting her words out loud. Suddenly, a green coloured beam shot right from Rose's body into Melphid's arm. She shrieked and let me go. I managed to land safely on the ground.

     Both me and Chris stared at Rose, amazed by what she just did. Chris started talking, "How in the world did you do that?"

     "With practice, of course," she winked back, "Also, don't think anything different about that wink. Now let's continue while she's weak!"

     Continuing where we left off, I tied Melphid against the tree with the help from Rose. Chris finally destroyed the last crystal.

     "Okay guys, stay back," I warned them, "This might be too dangerous."

     "Wait.. What are you tryna here?" Chris worried, "What if you're never gonna make it?"

     Rose gave him a pat on the back and whispered into his ears, "Let her do it, you must believe."

     Chris decided to agree with Rose and they backed away from Senia as far as possible. Senia drew her sword out magnificantly. Purple aura started surrounding her atmosphere.

     "It's time to do this," I talked to myself, "I came this far, I won't back down!"

I stabbed her body with my sword. It was sucking out eternity from her body. However, eternity was going into my body as the cost. It was painful, but I endured eternity itself throughout my adventure, so the pain wasn't too much.

I'm doing it, Sis.
I hope you're seeing me right now.
I hope you are proud of me.

{Lynessa's POV}

"This stupid map," I ranted, "couldn't even give specific directions. Guess I'll find it myself."

While on the path, I saw a bright purple beam to my right. I approached closer to the beam to check what was causing it. When I saw it, I was shocked.

"Senia?" I gasped quietly, "How are you able to?" I was so surprised I couldn't even finish my sentence. She matured so much, getting stronger everytime.

Then, I sensed the presence of two other beings, but I didn't know their locations. I left the place to avoid being caught.

"One day, we'll fight each other. And see whoever is top," I said to myself, "Don't fail me to defeat me."

You surpassed me too much.
However, it's how you use it will be the end result.
Good luck when you meet me.. Nia.