Chapter 1:Police and Guns

At work, I fixed a fake smile and attended to patients as a receptionist at a medical office.

To avoid dealing with my problems, I increased the number of hours I worked. When I checked my phone, I saw I got missing calls from a few of my close loved ones.

Most voicemails were of them asking if everything was okay with me. I was wondering how news of Marc's infidelity spread so fast. But I figured my sister must've told my parents who couldn't keep a secret even if they were paid to do so.

For the past few weeks, more than enough neighbors gave me looks of pity. I hated when people felt sorry for me since it just made me feel weak like I couldn't do anything about it.

But this time I will by moving on and hoping I could find a better man who would love me for me.

I sighed in relief when I saw that I'll be off from work in the next five minutes.

While I was looking at some files, I saw a shadow cast over the papers which made me look up.

I saw my boss, Mr. Sanchez stood in front of my desk.

He had a short slender figure, from his neatly kept grey hair to his black dress shoes with a grey suit.

His eyes were warm, a range of soft colors.

Lilac bags hung under them, aging him quite a bit but he was no more than a middle-aged man.

I took a deep breath, inhaling his overly strong cologne. Naturally, I found myself nearly gagging on the powerful scent that seemed like he bathed himself in it.

Not holding it any longer, I coughed a little.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, while I felt my eyes watering from feeling suffocated. I hoped he hurried up with what he had to say and leave.

"Did you finished copying the reports I gave you?" He asked.

"Yes, here they are," I quickly handed the reports to him and he thanked me.

"No problem." I nodded my head and started packing up my things.

After we said our goodbyes, I clocked out of work and was relieved when I was able to get some fresh air from outside.

Seconds later, I got inside my car and drove home. While driving home, my phone rang and I decided to pick up a call from my mom.

"Hello," I answered.

"Where have you been? Why haven't you returned any of my calls?" She bombarded me with questions.

"Mom, I've just been and I'm sorry that I haven't. Is just I've been going through so much-"

"I'm sorry about your fiancé-"

"Please don't say his name or her name. I'm still trying to move on from everything." I sighed, while I took my exit on the highway.

"Do you need anything?" She asked, concerned.

"No, I'll be fine. I'm almost home, so I'll call you back later." I replied.

"Okay." She responded.

After we said our goodbyes, I finally arrived home. When I parked into the dark, I turned off the ignition and closed my eyes while I laid my head back into the car seat.

I didn't know when, but I knew this heartache I felt would soon go away and I'll be able to move on completely.

"I need a drink," I muttered underneath my breath as I got out the car.

Seconds later, I opened up the door to my home and closed the door behind me. Despite replacing my furniture, I couldn't walk passed the living room without getting sick.

Instead, I walked into the kitchen, turning on the lights and placed my car keys down on the island counter.

I then took out a wine glass from the cabinet and picked up my wine bottle that was already on my counter. I found drinking these past weeks helped numb the pain, and keep my anger at bay especially when I wasn't drunk.

While I was pouring myself a drink, I heard noises coming from the living room. I swear if it was my sister again, I would've kicked her ass this time around. I no longer had the patience to deal with her shit.

I took a sip of my drink before placing it down and walked towards the living room.

When I turned on the lights, I wasn't surprised to see my best friend, Tamera was already sleeping on my couch. We had the key to each other's places, but she seemed to always stop by my house.

Since she still didn't notice that I was there, I picked up a couch pillow and hit her with it.

"Heyyyy!" She sleepily woke up and yawned loudly.

"Ugh, what are you doing here?" I placed my hands on my hips.

"Well you haven't answered my calls or texts for the past week, so I figured I'll stop by." She smirked and rested back on the couch.

"You're lucky-"

"yadda...yadda....I know the drill, so anyway do you have any plans tonight?" She raised a brow.

"No, why?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Because of that." She pointed outward and as if perfect timing, the doorbell rang.

"You better not be up to something crazy." I walked towards the door with her follow behind me.

Shortly after, I looked through the peep hole to see two hot police officers waiting outside.

I then looked at her, and she waited expectant to open up the door and when I finally did, I spoke.

"I hope everything is okay, officers." I looked at my friend and back at them.

"Some neighbors reported that you guys were making a lot of noise." One of the cops said. I looked on his badge and saw that his name was Marcus.

"Are you sure you got the right house?" I asked.

"Oh we're very sure." Both of them walked further inside and I closed the door behind them.

They were handsome, had muscular built, and one stood over six foot, while other was close in height.

"What's going on?" Tamera asked, stupidly. I couldn't believe she hire male strippers to come to my house and give me lap dances!

"Which one of you are Naomi?" One of the guys named Tyler asked. He had dimples and a sexy smile.

"Um me." I pointed to myself.

"Well, tonight you're one lucky lady." He quickly stripped off his clothes, while the other did the same.

Normally I would've stopped this whole ordeal, but if it was one way to get over an ex and a broken heart then so be it.

© 2016. All Rights Reserved 2016 Punkxst