Chapter 38: Hospital Visit

After we ate, we met Stacey in the hospital

After we ate, we met Stacey in the hospital. The last time we saw her she looked in a bad shape, but she seemed to have back some color to her pale skin.

She seemed to occasionally, look around timidly like she was afraid of something or even someone, but not wanting to bombard her with questions, I decided to ignore her behavior.

"Hey, how's the food?" Tamera asked.

"Honestly it tastes good. Where did you guys buy it from?" Stacie asked.

"It was at some Italian restaurant near the hospital named something, but the food is great," Tamera smiled.

"Oh, I think I know what you are talking about. Perhaps is Michelinos which if it is then that's a good food spot," Stacie chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, I think that was the name, and guess what," I raised a brow.

"What?" Stacie asked, curiously.

"Tamera ended up getting the restaurant owner's number who name was Rico," I giggled and so did Stacey.

"Hahaha...yes I did and I'm glad I did since he was very attractive and nicely very rich," Tamera smiled, cheekily.

"What happened to that drummer guy?" Stacie asked.

"Yeah Tamera, I almost forgot to ask also but what about that drummer guy?" I looked at Tamera expectantly for a reply from her.

"Yeah, the drummer guy...well he isn't my type anymore. I already sent him a text and let him know that I was no longer interested in him," She shrugged her shoulders.

"I think that's mean since you even told me that he liked you a lot so you should have broken things off with him in person..." Stacie replied.

"Yeah, I could have, but what we had was not a serious relationship so whatever and you need to also get yourself together," She yawned at the thought, resting more so in her chair.

Instantly, Stacie had a pained facial expression when she heard that sly comment from Tamera.

"Yeah you're right since I'm a dumb person to have given my abusive ex countless times to change....and being a kind and loving person led me to a fucked up ending of being unconscious in the hospital bed due to being beaten by a bloody pulp," Stacie replied sadly as she looked down to fiddle her fingers.

"Sorry girl, I didn't mean to remind you about your ordeal, and I was just joking," Tamera said.

"No, it's fine," Stacie smiled at her, but her smile did not reach her eyes, "besides, I also have been stressing out a bit lately," She spoke.

"About what?" I asked.

"Honestly after the hospital discharges me in a couple of days, I was planning to move into a townhouse that was your neighborhood, Naomi-"

"What really? Yay, we get to live in the same neighborhood!" I squealed, hugging her excitedly until she ached in pain which made me lose my grip on her, "Oh sorry..."

"No it's fine," She grimaced at the slight pain she was feeling, "but I have no idea how I'm going to pay for the rest of the rent that's like due in a month since I recently lost my job. I tried to do some free landscaping, but that doesn't me enough money," She sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"I can surely help you get a job since recently my company is hiring for more medical assistants. I can recommend you to my boss for an interview," I replied.

"Wow really...thank you so much since finding a job these days is hard to do," She thanked me, and I nodded my head in understanding.

"I mean no problem since that's what friends are for," I replied.

"Thank you again since I would love to move into my new place that's safer than my last apartment complex especially after the incident that led me here. So this time I'm looking for a fresh new start," She replied.

"I completely understand," I suddenly smelled something burning.

I then saw some sparks coming from inside the microwave that was near the window on the other side of the room.

I ran towards it, opening it as some smoke formed from the food. I waved my hand over it as I took out the food, seeing that most of the parts were burned and inedible on the plastic plate.

Not having any other choice, I threw it away.

"Ooops sorry that won't happen again," Tamera muttered underneath her breath.

I rolled my eyes at her negligence since I wondered how she could overeat her slice of pizza unless she was some sort of airhead.

"How did you burn the pizza?" Stacie asked.

"Sorry I was busy texting a friend that I honestly forgot," She shrugged her shoulders.

"Of course only you would burn an already warm slice of pizza. You just bought it half an hour ago from the hospital café, but chose to warm it for another ten minutes," I shook my head.

"Guys is not my fault that the microwave was outdated. Plus I love my food to be extra hot, not cold," She rolled her eyes.

"Eating hot food is okay, but don't put Naomi and I at risk for the sake of eating a meal next time," Stacie laughed humorlessly which made Tamera shoot daggers at her.

"Whatever," Tamera sighed and went back to texting on her phone.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

"I can get it," I said when I was surprised to see a very pissed off Cole.

He looked like he just got done a highway fashion photoshoot being that his hair was styled neatly and wore blue jeans with a shirt.

Before I could speak, he placed his fingers on my lips.

"We need to speak now," He said, dangerously as he grabbed my hand and led us in a nearby hallway that gave us more privacy.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst