Chapter 36: Better Days Tomorrow

After a lovely night spent with Cole, I woke up today with a smile etched on my face.

It was crazy to think I could enjoy the rest of my night even being that when I saw my trifling sister try to flirt with my man.

I laughed at the thought when Cole turned her down, making her look stupid.

Also, with my parents who did not even inform me about her pregnancy, I was still surprised at that fact. Especially when I thought we were even on good terms.

"But whatever," I mumbled to myself. I knew then to never trust them like I did beforehand since sometimes it was better to keep your personal business to yourself anyway.

Honestly, I was in such a happy place with Cole that I hoped our relationship was a long term one.

My relationship with Cole was better than my other ones and it does not hurt that he was hot, successful, and just a loving person to be with, I thought to myself as I headed over to my kitchen to get something to eat.

Seconds later, I opened my fridge and saw some food had spoil, making me throw up a bit.

I then took out the bad foods and threw it out as well as placed some dishes in the sink.

I hummed a random sing until I heard a familiar voice that I screamed.

"Well dang Naomi, what got you in such a lovely mood that you don't even notice your bestie in your house..." I looked to see Tamera, folding her arms on the edge of the kitchen counter.

"Well hello...no wait...how did you get into my house?" I asked, curiously.

Since I did get used to her random popups from time to time but this was out of the ordinarily.

"How did I get in?" She raised a brow.

"Yeah get in since I changed my locks the other day," I placed my hands on my hips.

"Well miss thang I did make a spare key since the other day I asked and you gave me your key....I mean duuhhh Naomi," She rolled her eyes playfully.

"I did huh..." I replied, thinking back to the moment I did when it finally came into my memory that I sure did while I was busy talking to Cole on the phone, "hey you know what you are right," I replied, continuing to wash some of the dishes.

"But anyway, back to my question. What go you in such a lovely mood?....No wait let me guess since I bet is Cole already," She batted her eyelashes at me as she made smooch noises.

"Whatever Tamera and there nothing wrong with being a tiny bit over your head anyway," I placed the last set of dished in the dishwasher.

"Sure, whatever you say..." She paused for a moment before she continued, "do you have any plans for today?" Tamera smiled.

"Umm no. Why what happened?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing is just I wanted visit Stacey today. I mean even though we a phone call away, I still can't help she's still distant," She spoke with a saddened expression.

"Well maybe because she is still traumatized with her ex or whoever beaten to the point she was in a coma," I said sadly.

"That is true, but to cheer her up. I was thinking we should go see her to see if she's okay and even give her takeout," She said, happily.

"That's not but are you sure she no longer eats from a tube. Like she's okay to eat solid food now?" I asked.

"Yup...I even called her and asked," She replied.

"Well that's good. And do you want to drive?" I asked her, and she nodded her head.

"Okay we can see her now since I have nothing else to do today. And do you have any food places in mind," I dried my hand on kitchen counter towel.

"Not really but like around the hospital there are ton of food eating places which is good," she chuckled a bit as her and I walked out of my place.

After locking up, I met her at her newly brought car that was a Mercedes SUV.

"I see someone is big balling now," I smirked at her, waiting her to open the passenger door.

"Well I didn't buy it since it was a gift from my dad. He told me he just felt like buying it for me," She smiled, sweetly.

"That's nice and even with my parents being rich they haven't randomly buy me car since I was in high school," I laughed a bit when she drove us towards the downtown area that was livelier than my neighborhood.

"Sorry-"

"No need since I can afford my own anyway," I replied.

"Well you go girl," she high fived me.

As we drove in the car, I looked around and thought of which restaurant would have great quality food.

How do we choose which one is the best?

Should it be the one with pizza, or Chinese food?

How about all American or just a buffet style with everything life could ask for?

The other question that also bothered me was how the service was.

If we go to a pizza place, it might take a while to get the pizza, I thought.

"Hey why don't we try that new fast-food place that's up the street," Tamera spoke.

"Alright, but if the food is not great then you owe me back the money," I joked, making her laugh.

"Then I hope it is good and not like that ghetto food place we went to last week that was Kinkel Fries," She laughed more so to herself.

"Girl tell me about it since I will never go there again. The food was stale, soggy, and dry. Absolutely no seasoning in the food especially when it was a soul food restaurant.

"I was so upset especially when I could have gotten a better at 7eleven," She replied, making me laugh.

"I know right plus they sell great coffee and donuts. But I hope this place is great," I looked ahead to see we had already reached the place and saw that it was an old Italian restaurant.   

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst