Chapter 5: Single Ladies

For the past few days now, I've been avoiding the big elephant in the room and that was talking to Cole again.

He's been calling me ever since our one night stand, but I couldn't return his calls.

I didn't know if I wanted to continue where we left or not since at the moment, having sex did not equate to a relationship.

And founding out that he could possibly be the one my boss seemed afraid of made me indecisive.

I applied the last bit of red lipstick and loved the outfit I wore tonight.

It was knee length, skin tight dress that seduce any man with the right amount of confidence. But that wasn't my end game here since tonight I just wanted to have fun and be stressed out later.

In a short while, Tamera and I had plan on heading to the new sushi restaurant that opened downtown.

Going out these past few days made me get out of my funk and I was thankful for Tamera for that.

Suddenly, Tamera opened my bedroom. When I saw her through my closet mirror, she placed her hands on her hips.

Her olive skin complexion completed the black dress she wore.

She was highly into fitness and had a killer body. I recently joined the gym and she was my motivation to start a healthy lifestyle.

Before I was okay with where I was and be one of those people who joined a gym yet never went.

The idea of having a gym card made me think that I would go the next day or the day after that, but for two years I was a no show.

It was only until I realized I was out of shape when I became winded from climbing up a few stair cases.

"By the time your finish, the restaurant will be close." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, I'll be done in just a second." I said, while I fixed my hair by running my fingers through it.

"And you said that an hour ago," She sighed, while she walked towards the mirror and fixed her hair also.

Her contour brought out her deep chestnut brown eyes more.

"Well weren't you the one rushing me and now you're fixing your hair," I placed my hands on my hips.

"Yeah well I'm done, so ha." She playfully stuck her tongue at me and I did same.

"Anyway, less go and have some fun." I said, while I walked towards my bed and picked up my clutch.

"Alright, and are you finally trying raw sushi tonight?" Tamera smirked, while she started to walk out of my room.

She knew I preferred eating cooked foods most of the time.

"We'll see," I replied, while closing the door behind me.

Those were the words I could only say, but I probably would trying something new tonight.

After I made sure things the place was secured, we headed outside.

I noticed then that the weather was anything but pleasant.

"Are you sure it isn't going to rain tonight?" I asked, while we quickened our pace to her green Cherokee car parked in my garage.

When I looked up, I saw the clouds began to gather in the sky. Up to now, the sky had been postcard-perfect, but it was changing.

The beautiful cocktail-blue shade was beginning to darken into gravel-grey.

Large pillows of cloud were forming, blotting out the old-gold color of the sun.

"Yeah, I checked from some weather app!" She said from the other side when she unlocked the car doors and we both got in.