Chapter 19: His Girl Part 1

I rolled my eyes since I guessed it was some drunk men arguing about something dumb so I thought nothing of it.

But then again, their altercation was sure enough loud to eavesdrop on if I moved in closer to them so that I could hear better on what they were arguing about it.

I thought for a second if I should, but then knowing the crime shows on T.V., I knew it was just better for me to mind my business and just keep it going.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was over the typical usual drama stuff that men would argue about.

Sighing, I turned away from the commotion since sometimes being nosy in life would just get into more trouble.

And the drama was something that I tried to avoid for the most part, but its sort ironic I thought of that since bad boys like Cole were always trouble.

Even so, I chose to give Cole a chance when we first met since you never know in life if you and that person are meant to be together unless you give them a chance at first.

And sure, enough he was one of the sweeter guys I've dated so far and seemed to be genuinely a nice person for the most part.

Well, he was always nice to me of course, but to others, I wasn't too sure of.

However, our relationship was still new and I was still hopeful in seeing where things would go as well as get to know him on a more personal level.

I mean yes, we didn't start slow, but the last things I wanted to do was rush things off like my past relationships which were epic fails.

I headed towards my car and entered inside. I turned on the ignition of the car and turned up the heat a bit.

I then changed the station to some classical music and leaned back in my car seat.

I closed my eyes and allowed the rhythm to flow through my veins as it swirled in my head.

There was nothing better than classical music at this moment since I needed to ease my stress levels.

Especially of Cole with him having his men watch me like I was puppy being taken care of on his order.

I rolled my eyes at the thought since we had to sit down and talk about somethings like things that are either okay or okay to do in our relationship.

I took out my phone and decided to send Cole a text message to see when he would be free for us to hang out.

While I waited for his reply, I heard someone tap o the passenger window and looked to see that it was Tamera.

I sighed, unlocking my door and listened to her rant while she got inside the car.

She honestly was talking too fast that I told her to slow down.

"What happened again?" I asked when I drove us off and headed towards her place to drop her off.

Normally I wouldn't mind her sleeping over my place after we hanged at night, but I just some me-time this night without being in the company of a best friend.

"Well like I said that he does seem like a nice guy and we chatted a bit before we exchanged our numbers," She smiled a toothy grin.

"So I'm guessing you two hit it off well," I smiled back at her when I quickly returned my attention on the road.

"Yeah we did and I'm glad you encouraged me to talk to him," She giggled a bit.

"Well you're welcome and I hope things work out for you too," I replied.

"Yeah, I hope so too, but I will have my guards up since the last things I want to do is get hurt. You know?" She sighed.

"Yeah I know, but still give him a chance," I responded and she nodded her head.

"Yeah, I will, but what else are we doing tonight? Do you want to have a movie night thing since it is the weekend?" She asked.

"Perhaps tomorrow we can hang out, but tonight I just want to have some alone time," I replied.

"Alone time? Well, I see how it is," She shook her head and started to go through her phone.

"I don't mean it like that, but Tamera we hang out all of the time so I just need-"

"I was just joking. If you need some alone time to yourself then it's cool really since I understand," She shrugged her shoulders and I sighed.

"Well alright, but we can grab some lunch tomorrow," I suggested.

"Sure, but after I work out. Hey, do you want to work out tomorrow like at eleven in the morning then after grab lunch?" She asked when I made a right turn at the red light.

I thought for a moment since even though I told myself I loved working out, I barely went to the gym these days.

"Fine, but only for like an hour or less," I sighed and she nodded her head in agreement.

Soon we arrived at her place and I drove up to her apartment driveway.

"Alright girl, I'll see you later," She waved at me when she got out of my car.

"Okay bye," I replied when she closed my car door.

I then looked after her to make sure she got inside safe when she turned around and gave me another wave goodbye as I did the same.

Once she closed the door, I drove out the driveway and started to head towards my house.

While I drove to my house, I finally received a text back from Cole.

I then opened up the text and read that he wanted me to meet him at his grandmother's restaurant on Monday night.

Considering I had nothing else to do Monday night, I figured why not.

It certainly was important to etch things out between both of us especially with things I didn't like for him to do if we were going to continue to be in a relationship.

And he was someone that needed to be talked to in person rather than on the phone to get your point across through to them.

At least the upside of tomorrow night was me seeing his nana again which she surely was a sweet elderly old woman.

© 2019. All Rights Reserved 2019 Punkxst