Chapter 17: Pretty Pastries

"I know. Honestly, I'm trying to figure what I did wrong to make her completely ignore me," Tamera sighed when she reapplied her red lipstick and I agreed.

"Well for tonight let's just have a good time," I responded, walking out her room as she followed behind me.

"Yeah we surely will," She winked at me.

"Anyway, are you driving there?" I asked her.

"Sure, but you have to drive us back since I may be drunk tonight," She smiled as she linked our arms together and we both headed out the house. 

After a while later, we finally reached the upscale bar that somewhat had a full house.

Luckily Tamera was able to get us good seats that were near the stage where the band was supposed to play for tonight. Why we waited for some live music, a waiter came to our table.

"Hello ladies, welcome to Pretty Pastries. What can I get you guys?" The male waiter asked.

I thought it was nice for the waiter to take down our drink orders since normally at the bar I went, I would have to go to the bartender to get a drink.

After we told him our orders, he responded saying that the order was coming right up and thanked him.

I looked around admiring the place and saw that the bar curves into the room, dark in the moderate lit room.

Through the windows, the diamonds of lead panes trickled the light of street-lamps. The smell had a clean leathery smell to it.

Honestly, this place was better than the last bar I went to since that placed smelled heavily like cigarettes.

And every time I went there it was either one drama or the other escalated between strangers that involves relationship or business issues.

Once the cops showed up to break a fight between two males over an escort, I knew that was the last straw for me to go there especially when the place was so unprofessional.

"Hey Naomi are you listening to me," Tamera waved her hand in my face, making me snap back into reality.

"No sorry, what did you say?" I asked her.

"I said the band with the hot drummer is going to play now," She squealed a bit and I laughed, seeing how it was comical that my bestie was acting like a fangirl.

I wasn't even sure if the band she loved even played well, but either way, I was eager to hear their music.  

Seconds later, the band got on stage and the singer introduced himself along with his bandmates. I learned that his name was Nico.

"Hey guys, how are y'all feeling tonight?" Nico asked and crowed cheered, "well tonight my band and I wanted to play something special for y'all so I hope you like it," He smiled a pearly white smile as girls fangirled over him.

I must admit he was an attractive guy with a player and rock star style going on.

He reminded me of the musician Lenny Kravitz with the way he dressed, talked and seemed laid back.

I then looked over to the drummer and saw that he was super cute also. Yup, he was Tamera type with the bad boy look and tattoos all over his neck and arms.

"Hey you were right he is cute," I looked over at Tamera and saw her wink at the drummer boy who in returned wink back at her also.

"And when am I ever wrong about a guy's look?" She asked a rhetorical question, making me giggle.

"Yeah never, but have you two talked more when he's off the stage?" I asked her.

"Yeah more so casual talk, but as far as him asking me out then no. Besides, I don't want to be the one to ask him out on a date only to find out he isn't single," She rolled her eyes at the thought, "so, for now, is playful flirting and keeping it safe," She shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah, I understand since it is hard and risky to put yourself out there with the whole dating thing especially when you don't want to get hurt," I agreed with her and returned my attention to lovely music played by Nico and his band.

"Which is why I'm still single, but you know what I also notice," She smirked when I looked back at her.

"What?" I asked.

"Nico looks at you from time to time and stares a bit too long," She replied, making me roll my eyes at her.

"And so what? There's probably some hot girl behind me he is looking at," I replied when we both looked behind me and saw that it was a bald old guy sitting there jamming to the music.

"Yeah I don't think the hot guy is into that, but hey you never know these days," Tamera took a sip of her drink and I laughed a bit.

"That is true which is why its good to never assume," I replied and she agreed.

When the band finally finished playing their music, the crowd cheered them own and they bowed at the compliments given to them as they left the staged.

Moments later, I saw Nico walking over towards Tamera and I table.

"Oh shit Nico is coming over here," I looked over to Tamera.

"Told you so," She smirked and seconds later Nico spoke.

"Hey ladies, I hope you guys enjoyed the show," Nico smiled charmingly and I nodded my head.

Yeah, it was very lovely," Tamera replied, smiling back at him.

"Good to know, but it wasn't as lovely as your friend here," He winked at me and I nervously took a sip of my drink.

I knew if Cole was here with me he would beat the crap out of this guy for being this close to me.

"What's your name beautiful?" He asked.

"Naomi," I replied.

"Nice to meet you, do you want to hang out sometimes maybe outside the bar?" He asked me.

"Sorry, but I'm seeing someone already," I replied and he nodded his head in understanding.

"Well I'm not surprised considering you are beautiful," He sighed and I looked over at Tamera who was finding this whole thing amusing. He then looked over at Tamera and spoke. "Chris who is my drummer secretly likes you but doesn't have the guts to tell you yet. But any way you ladies have a good night," He said and after we said our goodbyes he left our table.  

"Wow um okay," Tamera said a bit speechless.

"Hey, at least you know now that the drummer likes you," I winked at her.

"Yeah but unless he tells me himself then oh well," She replied.

"Tamera its the 21st century so there is nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out," I replied when suddenly my phone started to vibrate in my pants pocket. I took out it and saw that the call was from Cole.

"Who's that?" She asked.

"Cole," I replied, wondering why he was calling me. 

Author Note:

How do you guys like the chapter?

What do you think will happen next?

How do you like their relationship going?

How is the story so far?

© 2019. All Rights Reserved 2019 Punkxst