Chapter 33-Hartwell Foundation Part 2

When she noticed that I was staring intensely at her stomach, she cleared her throat which brought my attention back to her.

At the moment, so many questions were roaming through my mind and one of the main being if Marc was the one who fathered her child.

Especially since that last time I saw her was when I walked into my apartment to see her and Marc was fooling around like filthy hyenas in the wild.

Before I was devastated at the situation, but I'm honestly am grateful that I leveled up in my love life and was the happiest I had been in years.

When inwardly calmed down, as I narrowed my eyes at her.

Thoughtfully, calculating my next moves which were to not lose my temper at my entire family for not telling of Natalie's pregnancy.

And also to not make any assumptions on who knocked her up.

Honestly, I just at a loss of words since my mom who I thought I was very close with should have told me this bombshell news before I showed up to this charity event.

Just because of this, I no longer wanted to be here.

Besides, I didn't have time for games these days since all I was after was love, happiness, and being more independent.

Instead of showing up here, I could have visited my best friend, Stacie this night who was in the hospital.

Sadly, she was still in a coma, being hooked up to the ventilator to breathe but I was grateful that she was still alive.

After I told Cole about my friend's situation, he offered to pay for her all of her medical bills expenses out of the goodness of his heart.

Anyway, if by any chance Marc got her pregnant, I would patiently wait for her to deliver her baby then after kick her ass and never talk to her again.

From personal experiences, I knew it was better to live life by forgiving those who did you wrong since it was never good to have bitterness in my heart.

However, this girl in front of me was testing my patience and I was on the edge of losing control no matter if she was pregnant or not.

She then looked towards Cole, looking him up and down with a masked facial expression.

And being the gentleman that Cole was he introduced himself first.

"Hello I'm Cole, and you are?" Cole extended his hand for her to shake

"Um, Natalie...Naomi's little sister," She blushed a bit and shook his hand.

I saw that she shook his hand a bit too long, causing Cole to retract his hand.

"Well I'm only meeting you because your fuck up gave me my queen, Naomi," Cole said coldly, wrapping his hand around my waist, possessively.

She instantly looked guilty. Looking awkwardly away from Cole, she looked back at me.

"I'm truly happy to see that you found someone again even though we didn't end on a good note because of what I wrongly did. I'm truly am sorry and remorseful over my actions," She sniffled, but no tears pricked her eyes.

I knew my sister well enough to know when she meant an apology, but this one she gave I wasn't sure about.

"Cut the bullshit, Natalie," I replied, rolling my eyes at her. I then looked at Cole, "And baby can you give me and my sister a moment?" I asked Cole, not wanting him to be in the midst of our conversation.

"Sure I'm going to grab a drink and I'll be over there," He nudged his head towards the drink area, kissing me on the cheek.

"Okay," I smiled and talked again to my sister once Cole left.

The next question I wanted to ask her was not the place or time to, but I needed to know.

"Wait, are you pregnant or did you just eat well?" I asked which made her giggle a bit.

"Well actually both so yeah I'm four months pregnant," She said, nervously, "And I'm sorry neither one of our parents nor I told you but sometimes life just happens-"

"Life just happens? How? When I'm a just phone call away?" I replied.

"I know, but with everything that happens I couldn't find the right time to tell you, so I hope you will understand someday. Also despite my mistakes, I'm happy to now be a mom," She smiled, genuinely as I looked between her and her stomach still shocked.

My mind drifted off to her potential baby daddies and my sister wasn't one to sleep around a lot but since she betrayed me, I no longer knew who she was.

"So who is the father of your child?" I asked, curiously. I hoped it was anybody but Marc.

The last thing I needed was a disgusting ex to be lingering around family get together like parties, dinners, or even cookouts.

"Well it isn't Marc's child, but my ex-boyfriend, Ian's child. After you kicked me out, I hanged out a lot with him and one thing led to another which is how this bundle of joy came to be. And because of the baby, Ian and I decided to work things out," She smiled genuinely, looking down to rub her stomach.

"Well congratulations and I wish the best for you and your child," I replied, meaning it from my heart.

"Thank you and does this mean we're cool again?" She asked seriously, making me baffled at her stupid response.

"Um no we are not still, but I do forgive you," I said, not wanting to continue our conversation any further.

"Oh okay...maybe-"

"Natalie...there is no maybe between us so drop it," I replied, and she sighed.

"Anyway, I guess I'll leave you with your man which by the way you're lucky to have him," She looked over again at Cole, who was busy talking to someone on the phone.

With an upset facial expression etched across his face, I assumed that the call he received from the other end was not a good one.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst