Chapter 4:Curiosity Kills The Cat

Author's Note: Chapter 3 is private and only for followers.

Even though last night I was all for having a one night stand, I couldn't believe I actually did it.

I was tempted by him being too weak to fight it and finally gave into my carnal desires. At the moment, I had no regrets especially when he explored my body in a way no man had ever done.

I remembered him being extremely attractive and with me having the need to get laid had led me into the lion's den.

The warm ball of light filtered through my thin eyelids.

I woke up and rays of brightness cast squares onto the glossy stone floor, reflecting onto some objects in the room which decorated its otherwise simplicity.

I blinked a few times, in an attempt to help my eyes adjust from brightness directed at me. I then looked over at the nightstand near my side of the bed and saw that I had an hour left to get to work.

I was relieved that I didn't have a hangover or else arriving to work with one would've been a pain in the ass.

"Fuck," I muttered underneath my breath.

I got up and scrambled to put on my black dress from last night. I then spotted my black heels that were near the bed as well as my undergarments and placed them on.

As the time passed, my mind was racing in finding a way to get back home. I noticed that the shower from the bathroom was running.

I sighed in relief since I could get away without making the encounter after sex not awkward.

I checked my appearance in his bedroom mirror that hung near the window and saw that I looked decent.

As soon as I heard the shower pump turned, I grabbed my clutch and slipped out Cole's apartment.

I then walked towards the elevator and got in when it reached the floor I was on.

While in the elevator, I paid for uber services and waited a few minutes in the lobby before it arrived.

Once I told the driver exactly where I was since he was having trouble finding the fancy hotel, I got inside the car.

After I greeted the driver, he drove off towards my house. I checked through my call logs and saw I had a missed call from Tamera.

I returned her phone call and accidentally placed my phone on speaker when she answered.

"Girl was the sex good?" She asked while the driver looked at me through the review mirror.

I cringed and took her off the speaker. Great! The driver must've thought I was a prostitute. He started to be more attentive in my phone conversation.

"Well yeah, but when you asked you were on speaker and I'm using uber now," I whispered into the phone.

"Oh sorry...but anyways you're going to have to me all about it when you're free." She replied, knowing that I had work soon.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later," I said, not wanting the driver to eavesdrop any more than he already tried to.

I hated when people were nosey. Especially when they were trying to know about your personal business.

"Okay." She replied and after we said our goodbyes, I ended the call.

I then sighed, and leaned my head against the cold glass window. But doing just along with being in a moving car only made me sleepier.

I straightened up my poster and cleared my throat since I needed to be fully awake since soon I'll start work.

When I finally got home, I quickly took a shower and got dressed for work. Once I was ready to leave, I made sure I locked everywhere up and drove towards work.

I sighed when I arrived to work a few minutes late and clocked in. I guess I'll have a few dollars deducted from my pay, but I was lucky it was only just that.

Seconds later, I arrived at my desk and settle my things down. I continued the work I was doing the other day.

Being busy trying to make sure every report I typed was correct, I didn't notice when a client was in front of my desk. I turned my attention towards them when they cleared their throat.

"I have been waiting for a long time in the waiting room, what's taking seeing Dr. Stan so long!" She half shouted, while placing her hands on her hips.

Had this lady lost her mind this early morning because I definitely was not the one she would want to be on my bad side?

"Excuse me lady, but if Dr. Stan was ready to see you then I would have already received his call. And right now, he's seeing a patient so the only thing I can tell you is to have patience," I answered. I wanted to return my response with an attitude, but I decided to take the high road and be professional.

"Fine, I'll wait..." She sighed, while she went back into the waiting room.

Some people I attended to had mood swings. I understood the annoyance in waiting for a long period of time at the doctor's office.

But the representatives could only do so much. For the time being, I went back to typing up reports and filing papers, while I attended to clients.

I didn't know it was my lunch break until my boss told me himself.

"Sorry sir, I'll clock out now." I smiled at him, while I got up.

"No it's fine and keep up the good work." He smiled back at me and headed back to his office once he spoke to the worker next to me.

Afterwards, he returned back to his office and I clocked out. While I headed over to the lunch room, I decided to go to my boss office since I remembered I had to tell him something.

Not thinking of knocking, I opened up the door and saw Mr. Sanchez back faced towards me.

"Yes Mr. Moreittie, I'm aware of the consequences." He said, nervously into the phone.

As soon as I heard a familiar name on the other side, I remembered, it being the guy I slept with.

Last night, his driver referred to him as Mr. Moreittie. Could it be the same guy or just a coincidence? And what did he mean by consequences?

Somehow Mr. Sanchez felt my present and turned towards me. He then placed his phone to his chest and moved his hand to rush me to speak since he quickly wanted to know what I wanted.

"Oh sorry, I just wanted to let you know that I can't make it to work next week Friday." I replied, and he nodded his head.

"Alright just fill the form, and next time knock first." He warned me.

"Okay." I nodded my head.

He looked at me expectantly for me to leave, and I gave him a brief, awkward smile before closing the door.

The last thing I wanted to do was overthink this whole one night stand thing. But did I make a mistake last night? What if Cole was a dangerous man?

Maybe I lead myself not only into the lion's den, but also slept with the beautiful Italian devil himself.

© 2017. All Rights Reserved 2017 Punkxst