Chapter 23: Surprises, Surprises Part 2

[NOT EDITED]

"Good to know you loved the food too," She laughed a bit, "this food recipe has been in the Moretti family for generations," She replied.

"That's amazing," I returned the smile, while she prepared a plate for Cole and I to eat. Just imagining eating the food caused my stomach to grumble in hunger.

"Well her you go," She placed the two plates on a tray, "I would place drinks for the two of you but wine is something that Col already have in his office," She said as I thanked her.

Before she could give me the tray, I heard someone clearing their throat which brought my attention towards that person.

It was only just a waitress, but she seemed to be bothered by something.

"Yes," Nana said, annoyed to be interrupted by the person as she raised a brow.

"It is better for me to show you what happened," She said timidly, and Nana sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Well dear, I'll see you later and have a good night," She replied, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay and you too," I replied, picking up the tray of food as she placed the food cover top on both plates.

"Hopefully I can," She shook her head as she quickly went with the waitress to see what the problem was.

I stared for a moment, wondering what the problem may have been since the waitress couldn't even say it.

"Oh well it's not my business to know," I muttered underneath my breath as I headed towards Cole's office.

I saw two of Cole's security men was outside guarding his office's door. When they saw me they nodded their heads at me, knowing who I was already.

Before I can move pass them, one of them held up their hand signaling me to stop in my tracks.

"Do you want to give boss something or what?" The guy name Mark asked rudely.

"Excuse me? If you don't know already, Cole and I are dating so why would I be here obviously if wasn't just to see him," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah she's right," The other spoke, pushing Mark to the side, "and mark stop messing around before you have to pay for your foolishness," He warned him as he opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I smiled at him and returned the smile.

"Anytime Naomi, we know you around here. Mark is just too slow of a person to catch on," He joked as he laughed at his own joke, making Mark narrowed his eyes at him.

"Yeah I bet," I muttered the words underneath my breath as I walked pass them and entered inside the office. Once inside the office, I saw the Cole was drinking some liquor while he was in deep thought staring at something on his desk.

"Hey," I smiled which made him look up and smirk.

"What you have there?" He asked his eyes looked at the tray of food.

"The food your nana wanted to make you which was your favorite Italian meal," I walked over to his desk and while placing the tray of food in front of him, he moved some papers he was looking at to the side.

I then removed the cover top the two plates, and I saw a smile forming on his face.

"Do you still want the food?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Yeah since I'm starving and didn't have time to eat dinner earlier since I've been busy dealing with some issues at the club," He sighed.

"Well at least eating some home-made food, will help brighten your mood a bit," I smiled as I got a chair from the other side of the room and placed it next to him so I could sit comfortably to eat also.

When I saw Cole looked at me disapprovingly over what I just did, I inwardly rolled my eyes and thought whatever since I needed to be comfortable to eat as well.

"The only thing that would brighten my mood, is people around here being more smart so I have to deal with less dumb asses on a daily bases," He sighed as he shook his head.

"Well what happened?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing you should be concerned about," He replied with a low gruff voice. He then got up to get an extra wine glass and looked through the wine collection he had and spoke.

"Do you want something light or heavy?" He asked.

"Perhaps just some water," I replied, reminding myself to not get drunk this night.

"Okay, here you go love," He replied as he walked over to his mini fridge and took out a cold spring bottle of water and handed it to me.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"No problem love," He nodded his head, sitting down to eat his food.

While we ate in silence, we talked a bit about life in general.

"Wow this is really good," I commented when I was finishing the meal as I drank more water to quench my thirst.

"I know which is why it's my favorite," He chuckled a bit, "I can cook but not like my nana," He smiled at the thought.

"Honestly that's sort of funny to me since you're the first one I'm with who knows how to," I smiled.

"Well there is always a first for everything," He winked at me, making me blush. Suddenly his cellphone rang and he picked up after the first two rings.

"Hello," He answered in a serious undertone. Seconds later, his facial expression changed from being happy to angry. "What the fuck you mean that shit happened you cretino? You better get rid of the mess or you'll be the one to pay for it!" He shouted angrily and ended the call.

"Is everything okay?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing to worry about," He replied being highly annoyed, "I think is best now I drop you off, so I can get done handling some business," He got up and placed on his suit jacket.

"Okay no problem," I replied, getting up also. I checked the time off my watch and saw that it was pass ten at night. It was getting late and I had work early in the morning tomorrow anyway.

"I'll see you when I'm free again," He sighed and I nodded my head in understanding.

"Okay," I gave him a small peck on the cheek even though my mind become unsettled over the phone call that Cole just got.

I wondered then what it could be even though Cole never mentioned to me what kind of business he did

Follow,vote, and comment to receive update very soon

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst