Chapter 32: Hartwell Foundation Part 1

Tonight was the event of my mom's Hartwell Foundation event. I haven't seen my sister yet which I was glad since I wasn't ready to have Cole meet her.

Even though I had forgiven her already, our relationship at the moment will never be the same that we once had before.

I could never trust again especially around my man even though I had a feeling Cole would make her regret her existence if she tried to flirt with him.

Marc on the other hand, was a lousy excuse of a man that's perhaps now someone else's trash.

Anyway, when I tried asking my mom where she was, she replied hesitantly, saying she went out for the rest of the day but would be back in time for the event.

It took place at one of my parent's home which was the only mansion that they brought as the other two were normal size houses.

Being in my bedroom with Cole, I was checking to see if my dress was okay before having to go downstairs to pretend as if my life was a Cinderella story.

"Are you ready yet?" Cole asked, while I was applying on some make up.

"I'm almost done." I called out from the bathroom.

Seconds later, I was finish and I placed everything away inside the draw.

After I checked myself out in the mirror, I realized I was good to go and I walked outside the bathroom.

When Cole saw me, he stared at me for a moment too long.

"You're beautiful." He stared at me with love intent in his dark orbs. I couldn't help my cheeks reddening at his soft-spoken words, and I turned my head away from him.

"Um thanks." I said, awkwardly.

The next thing I knew, he had slammed his lips to mine and nearly knocked all wind from my lungs.

I hardly had a moment to react before he pressed his tongue to the seam of my lips and, at my grant of access, delved inside my mouth.

It was a very sloppy kiss with the strong scent of old wine being exchanged in the intermingling of our billowing breaths.

My arms reached up and tangled around his thick, strong neck. In an instant I had pulled away and arched up into his broad chest, moaning in the contact of body heat against my own, before I drew back into his lips.

His lips was warm and tasted of mint; he had obviously been chewing gum earlier. His hands were wrapped around my waist and mine locked around his neck pulling him down slightly.

When we broke apart for air, I rested my forehead against his and gathered some much needed oxygen. His smirk told me everything and I smiled back, sinking into his hold.

"I think we should get going," He finally spoke and I nodded my head.

I knew if we didn't leave now, we probably wouldn't make it to the event on time.

He then linked our arms together, and we headed downstairs towards the charity event.

As I walked down the stairs, I paid no mind not even to the beautiful sketch paintings that my mom perhaps got for a bargain deal.

The artist must have spent months on creating the masterpieces that were still in good condition.

Because she wouldn't do was spend too much materialistic things.

I was surprised to see that after years they brought this place, they were still on the wall, but then again my father loved collecting paintings as well.

Sounds vibrated from the ballroom, while the lively event came to view as we further went down the stairs.

This event was my family's annual ball for their foundation which was always the talk of town event.

The some who of Hollywood was here, and my parents rich and famous friends were here.

They would spend thousands, or even millions in an evening of flaunting their wealth, diamonds, and arm candy for the event.

Once we reached the end of the staircase, I heard better the ballroom filled with chatter, laughing, orchestra played in the corning of the room by some well-known classical artists.

My mom surely took the time and flawless effort to put this beautiful event together.

As we finally walked inside, I noticed that the floors was decorated of a gold color up, making the crème caramel walls stand out.

Hundreds of candles on chandeliers with the light making room to illuminated compared to outside which was cold

While walking pass some of the crowd, I saw some turned their attention towards us as others were talking to each other.

Both men and women had on expensive attires fitting their lavish lifestyles as they drank from their glasses.

The event barely started and already some were drunk and unsurprisingly they were familiar faces last year event.

They surely spent good money here for my mom to send them an invitation again.

Especially since they always made a fool of themselves even in public with the latest gossip news on them, I thought.

Since I was the daughter of a well-respected parents, I waved and smiled, greeting as much as I could before I returned my attention to Cole.

"I know we just got here, but how are you liking everything so far?" I smiled.

"It reminds of me of my parents events, but the only difference is that I'm now with you," He winked, making me blush.

"Oh stop," I chuckled a bit before hearing call me from behind.

"Naomi, is that you?" A familiar voice said, making Cole and I turn our attention to them.

"Yes," I saw that it was sure enough my sister, Natalie.

"Obviously," I rolled my eyes at her since you should already know your family from a distance when you grew up with them.

But maybe the smacking I gave her last time made her have short term memory lost.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like but just wanted to say hi," She said nervously as she fidgeted at the hem of her dress.

"Yeah okay," I replied.

When she fixed the fabric of her dress by removing the crest of it, she protectively placed her hands over her noticeable round stomach. 

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst