TWO

Estrella's eyelids drifted open to see the sun shining through her white curtains, illuminating her bedroom and hurting her eyes. She was very confused, nothing last night made sense to her so she began to wonder if it was even real. She tossed over onto her back and stared up at the white ceiling, trying to wake up before she decided to get out of bed.

"Good morning."

Estrella shot up fleetingly and saw the man she saw last night sitting at the end of her bed, watching her with his black eyes. She got up and ran to the open bedroom door but it slammed shut and locked itself before she could get to it. She couldn't believe this was happening! She turned to see that he was glaring at her, his lips curled into a smirk. Then she decided to go out the window. She ran and pulled the curtains back, ready to climb out but a big dog jumped up and it's front paws landed on the window and it began barking at her. She screamed. The dog's fur was charcoal black and she saw that it had third degree burns down it's body. It's eyes were glowing red and it had two horns coming out of it's head.

"What is that?!"

The man grasped her shoulders and turned her around to face him. She looked horrified.

"Sit down or I'll put you back to sleep," he threatened. She was frightened but she obeyed. She sat down on the bed, listening to the dog bark outside and she watched the man carefully. "shut up Cerberus!" the dog obeyed immediately. "he follows me everywhere. I didn't think you could see him."

"Who are you?" Estrella interrogated. She didn't give a damn about his ugly dog. The man sighed softly, clearly aggravated.

"My name is Lucifer. You can call me by that or Satan, whatever you prefer."

"Is this some twisted joke?" she spat. It was official, she decided he was insane.

"No it's not, but I understand that you don't believe me."

"You're right that I don't believe you," she stood up with courage. "get out of here or I'm calling the cops!"

Lucifer snapped his fingers and she appeared in front of him.

"Go ahead. I'd enjoy it."

Estrella stepped back, speechless and confused. Could he? He couldn't be, she thought. She wasn't sure if she believed in that type of religious stuff.

"Y-you don't look like.. you couldn't be."

"Oh, I'm not red with a tail or horns so I'm not Lucifer am I? You know, that description cracks me up. You ridiculous humans should realize I am an angel, not a demon."

Estrella rubbed her temples, her head throbbed excruciatingly. Wake up, she ordered herself.

"This can't be real life."

"Oh, I'm afraid it is." Lucifer replied.

He glanced around her bedroom in fascination, it was everything he's never seen before. The walls were sky blue, the flooring was fizzy and the furniture looked in good shape. There was all sorts of items he's never seen before also. He approached a desk with drawers and picked up a bottle filled with colorful liquid, it read "London".

"Okay let's say you are the devil. Why are you here, I didn't sell my soul?"

Lucifer chucked once then folded his arms over his chest and he turned towards her.

"You won't believe me if I told you."

"Tell me anyways, you came all this way for it. Don't chicken out now," she challenged with attitude. He was speechless but amused, no one has ever spoken to him like that before. She was getting very impatient with his silence. "go on Lucy."