TWENTY EIGHT

It was freezing, Estrella felt her body temperature drop to zero in just seconds. She stood in a long room and in front of her was Lucifer walking away, utterly unaware that she was here but she was about to make him extremely aware of it.

"Lucifer!" her voice echoed throughout the room, causing him to come to a halt immediately.

It couldn't be, he thought, there's no way! He turned ever so slowly, seeing her standing by the desk shivering from the cold.

"What were you thinking by coming here?" he asked, marching towards her in a panic. "damn it, Estrella you're going to die!"

"I'm not going to die. Why did you just leave after telling me you're leaving without any reasonable explanation, what kind of bullshit is that?"

Lucifer began to ease once he noticed she seemed perfectly well except from the uncontrollable shivering. She wasn't dropping to her knees, holding her chest and complaining about the agony in her heart. She wasn't gasping for oxygen and turning blue. If anything, she was her natural-stubborn self. But how? Humans couldn't survive five seconds in the Underworld, he has experience what has happened to a human if they were here and it wasn't pretty.

"Estrella, I have responsibilities and once I have taken care of them I will be back," he said in frustration. She crossed her arms and stared at him, she could get so sullen. "don't look at me like that. This is what I need to do."

Estrella felt like he had something up his sleeve that he didn't want her to have any acknowledge of. She gave up, surrendering to him and accepting the fact that he was so secretive.

"Alright then," she uncrossed her arms and pointed towards the wall. "can I go home now?"

He wasn't going to keep her here, not only because she wasn't dressed for the weather but because he was nowhere near prepared for her to explore his kingdom.

"Atverta Estrella ir majas." he commanded and the marble wall began to open.

He watched her walk through the portal to Earth in silence, leaving him with a bunch of thoughts. Where does he even begin? His to-do-list was a mile long! He knew he needed his brother before he started on anything. The Underworld was surprisingly calm, but Lucifer didn't leave the four walls that protected him---whatever was happening outside of them was out of his hands. Before he decided to go on a major search for Abaddon, he went to his bedroom and pounded his fist on the door just to clear this one place off.

"Who does there?" Abaddon responded on the other side of the thick wall.

"My foot up your ass if you don't open this door," Lucifer snickered. Abaddon unlocked the door and opened it, looking incredibly sick. He was sweating and had tissues stuck up his nostrils to stop the bleeding. "what's wrong with you?"

"I don't know," he cried and turned away in humiliation. Lucifer stepped into the bedroom and kicked the door shut, glancing around at the mess. Abaddon was a book worm and there were books slung around everywhere. "it just started happening for no apparent reason!"

Lucifer shook his head.

"You pitiful dumb bastard, you've seen this happen to me thousands of times over the last twenty-two years."

Abaddon flopped down the bed, looking at his brother in utter disbelief.

"My soulmate?"

"Obviously. And here I thought you were intelligent."

"I have to find it!" he exclaimed and rose to his feet. "but how?"

Lucifer felt like he was dealing with a child with his first crush, but Abaddon was his little brother and apparently didn't know how to handle this. Hopefully Lucifer didn't act the same way?

"Okay, I'll push my needs away to help you connect to your soulmate but I can't do it all for you! You'll have to pull your own weight."

Abaddon felt overwhelmed but mostly excited because he did have a soulmate, now he'll finally understand what his brother has gone through. But before he went on the search for his soulmate, he needed to change into new clothing.

"Wait a minute, what are you doing here? You should be with Estrella."

Lucifer exhaled, rubbing his face.

"Michael has taken it a step too far and she's driving me insane, I'll explain more after we meet your soulmate. I am going to need your help anyways."

"Well, if you came here to find peace you're at the wrong place. But I'll be glad to help."

"What do you mean I'm at the wrong place?" Lucifer interrogated.

Abaddon swallowed hard while buttoning a long sleeve white shirt.

"Since you've been gone there's been some major conflict. Some demons felt like you have abandoned them; they're insisting on a new king because they have no sense of direction without a king. Other demons disagree; but they argue about Estrella, how she's a major dilemma or that she's not. Oh, and Lilith is telling them that she's in charged so they're doing whatever she commands."

"Fantastic," he groaned. "more work for me to do."

"Perks of being the king, I guess." Abaddon chuckled then coughed loudly, if he was going to feel like this every time he was separated from his soulmate then he didn't want one anymore.

"Let's go before you cough up a lung," Lucifer rolled his eyes. "do you know where you're going?"

"Uh, I guess Earth?"

"You really need to figure it out because I'm not searching for days, brother. I have things to do."

Abaddon approached the wall and placed his hand on it, closing his eyes tightly. Lucifer always thought he opened portals in a strange way.

"Aizvediet mani uz manu soulmate." which meant 'take me to my soulmate'.

Lucifer didn't believe that would work but when they walked through the portal and ended up in a hospital room, he was proven wrong. Abaddon stood by Lucifer, feeling anxious to approach the bassinet.

"Well," Lucifer breathed just to clear away the awkwardness of silence. "at least I'm not the only one involved with a human anymore."

"Yes, but I don't understand humans, brother. How will this work out?"

"Don't underestimate it, Abaddon. Now go, don't be a prissy!"

Lucifer shoved him forward and secretly Abaddon appreciated it because what he saw and felt changed him.

"Wow."

Lucifer approached the bassinet to see a sleeping baby . He couldn't help but to look at his brother in shock, how could he not know after all these decades by his side?

"Why didn't you tell me you were attracted to males, brother?"

Abaddon inhaled deeply, unable to look away.

"I didn't tell anyone. I was worried I'd be the joke."

"Brother, you wouldn't have been the joke. It wouldn't have mattered," Lucifer paused for a moment. "because you're my brother and I do care about you."

"Careful brother, Estrella is making you soft." Abaddon chuckled, reaching down to touch the baby's hand.

"She's making me a lot of things, brother. He will you, too."

.....

 Please leave feedback in the comments or comment anything you want, I'll read them all! Thank you all for the support, it warms my heart!