THREE

Maybe she could get baptized, that worked didn't it? Surely Lucifer wouldn't want anything to do with her after she did that. Maybe if she started to attend church, read the bible, pray often and wear rosaries she would be everything the devil couldn't stand. She showered and put on a new outfit before leaving. She did some research and found a shop in town that sold some very strange items, from what she read on the website the owner claimed to be psychic and she performed readings for free. This may be the remedy; Estrella wasn't positive that it would work but she was going to try. Even if that meant asking for help from someone. The shop was hidden from the streets but Estrella had no problem in finding it. It was located in a small brick building with a red flashing sign on the door read "OPEN" and she saw some customers walking in and out. She parked her Honda, grabbed her purse and got out feeling apprehensive. Her palms were covered in sweat and her stomach felt full with butterflies. She wanted to run back to the car and never look back but she knew that she was brave and strong enough to do this, she wouldn't let herself walk away from something that could possibly help her. The bell above the door dinged when she walked in but no one paid attention, which she was glad they didn't. There was so much junk in here, shelves and shelves of creepy unknown things and creepy books titled in a language she couldn't read. Any other day she would believe that this was all fake, that it was all to deceive the ones who would buy it and believe it was real, but today was different. She believed that it was real. She wandered around the store, observing in silence. She saw very odd things in cloudy jars, very old books, dead small animals in bottles, candles and cards.

"What is all of this?" Estrella whispered to herself.

"Can I help you, child?"

Estrella looked over her shoulder to see an elderly woman standing beside her with a warming smile on her round face. She had long silver hair and moss green eyes, she was short and slender and she wore a black dress. Which Estrella called a witch dress. She looked strange but seemed very friendly.

"Um," Estrella paused. Her mother always taught her to ask for help when she was in a situation she couldn't get herself out of. "I need help. I don't know what to do honestly."

The elderly woman saw the look of fear in her eyes and her smile faded away, now she was concerned for this girl.

"Follow me, you can tell me all about it."

Estrella followed her to a room in the back where a round table set in the center of the floor with a spotlight hanging above it, illuminating multiple chairs sitting around it. The rest of the room was completely gloomy, so she wondered what else was in here.

"You're not going to believe me."

"You would be surprise," the woman giggled. "take a seat and tell me what you need help with."

Estrella sat down and they stared at each other in silence for a moment, she didn't know how to explain this and not sound utterly insane but she guessed she would have to try her best.

"What if I told you that the devil came to me this morning?"

The woman inhaled and exhaled peacefully.

"I believe in stronger beings and portals to worlds we will probably never see. I have seen possessions and supernatural my whole life, I grew up seeing it. So I do believe you, but what is he fascinated by?"

"He said that he's drawn to me, that I have the other half of his soul because of God. He said that he's tried to kill me but he can't hurt me and that we're struck together. I don't want half of his soul, I don't want anything to do with him. Please," Estrella cried then she grasped the woman's hands. "please help me!"