ELEVEN

Anpiel drug himself through the marble halls of Heaven, leaving a trail of crimson blood behind him. He was weak and in excruciating agony but would not dare to shed a tear, even though he secretly wanted to. His once perfect white rings were now destroyed; broken and torn by the devil himself. They were bleeding uncontrollably and dragging along the floor and he couldn't help but to feel less than an angel now. Anpiel reached the door at the end of the hall and pushed his weight against it. The Archangel Michael and Raphael stood in the circle shape room around an oval shape table; cussing some classified information about Lucifer and Estrella. But their conversation quickly stopped when they heard the door open.

"What happened to your wings, Anpiel?" Michael interrogated. Michael had changed drastically since he had to fight against Lucifer and cast him out, he became harder on his brothers and covered his pain with a careless shield. He was younger than Lucifer but looked older as his midnight black hair began turning silver and since he grew a full face beard.

"Lucifer happened." Anpiel replied.

Raphael didn't want to look; he knew what his brother was capable of when they got in his way. Raphael wasn't too young but he was younger than Lucifer and Michael, even looked younger with golden blonde hair and baby blue eyes. Michael stepped away from the table and overlooked the damage of Anpiel's wings; most of the feathers had been ripped off and the broken bones stuck out, they were barely attached to his back.

"Can you move them?"

"No," he replied sadly. "can they be healed?"

Raphael glanced and turned away just a quick, feeling his stomach twist and turn. It was horrific. Lucifer has never done anything this bad to an angel, he's never once touched an angel's wings, but this was a warning to them and Raphael knew that.

"No they can't. I will have to amputate them."

"Amputate? You can't amputate my wings!"

"Yes I can and I will. Lucifer infected them with Hades venom, if I don't stop it now, you will die." Michael told him calmly.

Anpiel felt nothing but humiliated. If he lost his wings, what would he be without them? But he knew Michael was right. He bowed his head in shame and Raphael watched in silence.

"Do it."

"I'm sorry, brother." Michael mumbled and his sword appeared in his grasp.

"How did he know?" Raphael interrogated Anpiel. He wanted to keep him distracted while Michael began finding the bone to amputate his wings.

"I don't know but he did and he waited for me," Anpiel looked at his big brother. "he had been waiting for me to show."

"I feared that would happen. Michael, we can't send another brother. It's too dangerous."

Michael looked at him, losing his concentration.

"Lucifer cannot have a human as a soulmate."

"But he does," Raphael bickered. "we can't undo what Father has already done!"

"Do you honestly believe that Lucifer could love someone, much less a human?" he interrogated angrily "he has some sick, twisted, sinister plan up his sleeve and I won't allow it to fall through."

"Then you know better than I do that he will fight with all of his might to make sure no one gets in his way." Raphael began raising his voice, he just wanted Michael to understand what he was trying to tell him.

Michael gripped his sword tightly.

"Then I will have to get things done by myself. As usual."

He raised the blade and brought it down on Anpiel's wings, chopping them off completely and he roared in agony.